Has anybody here met Jake E Lee?

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

daveo

Post by daveo »

if i could meet any famous guitar player it would be jake, or eddie van halen but more jake.
strat2tele1

Post by strat2tele1 »

Ozzy/Sharon seems to take all the top notch guitarist for granted...a hired hand.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I met jake and the rest of Badlands at the Vic Theater in chicago,Also was with the guy who shot the video for that show.. Jake was really nice He signed a few autographs for me and took a photo with me.. Very mello guy, I also got a pick from him. Ray was really nice also he was feeding me Grapes while we Talked he had a whole bunch he was holding,I also took a photo with him also,Anyway the band signed for all the fans waiting outside the venuee.. The vic is a very easy place to met the bands
But It was a cool experence, I had the autographed Voodoo Highway cover matted with the photos and its Hanging on my wall with the pick Jake gave me. I wish he would tour again so I could get some of the photos I took of him signed.. That would be cool!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

He is such a cool guy when I met him he was very kind and had plenty of time to chat and answer any questions I had.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen Jake E Lee playing with Ozzy when they were on TV doing the Tube Live music programme for channel 4 it was filmed in my home town Newcastle at Tyne Tees studios.The videos were up on here a few weeks back it was from 1986.I was standing on the stage next to Jake E Lee when they finished their set.The band had to walk past me to leave the stage. I asked Jake for one of his plectrums but he'd thrown all of them out.But he just went one better and gave me his sweat wrist band.It was red with Ozzy Osbourne in black on a white band he had turned it inside out .So it appeared to be all red,i just wish i could find it.I got a hand shake from Ozzy and i managed to talk a mate into given me a Phil Soussan signature pick.I have a few pieces from that tour including a signed Randy Castillo backstage pass and a tour book.I'll post them up tomorrow OK.
therebel67

Post by therebel67 »

It can be tough, especially if everyone else parties, and you don't. Those were the days of Ozzy sniffing ants and wiping his feces on the walls. Not exactly Randy's or Jake's cup of tea.
therebel67

Post by therebel67 »

Plus they were both more shy, keep to themselves types.
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

Xanadu wrote:Dean...Trigger...Great stories. I was lucky enough to see Jake E. Lee during Ozzy's "Bark At the Moon" tour in '84. I really, really liked his playing as well as his aggressive stage presence. Jake was far and away my favorite of Osbourne's guitarists after Randy.....as well as "Bark at the Moon" being third in line behind "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman". Simply an outstanding musician..... 8)
I couldn't have said it better.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I met all of Ozzy's band on the Bark At The Moon tour in Charlotte, NC - save Ozzy. Jake blew me off when I asked for an autograph. Happens I reckon. I was a 17 year old kid and he had womens waiting for him. :wink:

Bob, Tommy and Don were all very nice and gave me their autograph.

I saw him three times. Twice that Spring on the BATM tour (Accept opened in Charlotte - awesome! And Motley Crue opened in Atlanta - Shout At The Devil tour - not much on the Crue).

I also saw him on I guess what would be the Speak of the Devil tour a year earlier in Charlotte. No stage set to speak of and Ozz's hair was still very short. Randy wasn't even gone a year at that point and you could see Ozz just going through the motions. Vandenburg opened that show and they were awesome. One of the best live mixes I've ever heard.

Randy and Brad are my two top Ozzy axemen. Jake would be in there somewhere but Joe Holmes would rank before him with me. Still pissed Jake!!!

:wink:
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Dan wrote:Vandenburg opened that show and they were awesome. One of the best live mixes I've ever heard.
You lucky bastard! Wish I had that chance......
btw. Adrian was asked by Ozzy to be his new axeman.
But while asking Ozzy felt down asleep with his face in a soapboard and Adrian draw his conclusions...... :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

I met Jake @ the knoxville collesiem bark @ the moon tour very nice guy he gave us some of his rist bands and the scarf rapped around his arm they had a rising sun on them.
LoVe Life
mikeysline

i met him

Post by mikeysline »

in hollywood i was holding a hendrix-band of gypsy video i made to give to him -he jumped out his jeep ran up to me and said whats that -i said its your -he was jazzed he introduced to his daughter jade and toldme come in to see soundcheck-badlands at florintine gardens , talked to all the guys later on that night during set-he reached out and gave me one of his picks-to me
he was cool as fuck-ray too.
JR97

Post by JR97 »

I was backstage back in '86 for the Ultimate Sin tour. I was stuck in some litttle room waiting for my connection to come up with a backstage pass or a ticket during the long Metallica set. They played for over an hour.

While I was waiting, the security was debating whether to tell the cops about all of the coke they saw going on. I don't think anything became of it.

I only got to see Jake from a distance, but I ended up a with pick, a drumstick, and a drum head. My connection met him though, and said he was nice, but very shy. And that the Ozzman was an A-hole and high as a kite.

I wish I knew what happened to the stick given that Randy Castillo passed on.

In 1984, I ended up grounded and missed the famed Salt Lake City Salt Palace BATM show. My buddy met them all and of course rubbed it in. He raved about Jake being a monster showman
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Has anybody here met Jake E Lee?

Post by mojopin70 »

yes 1992 Badlands gig Bristol bierkeller we went in and they were sound checking so that was a great treat. Jake was a nice quiet humble guy -friendly i had to ask him if he met Randy and said he saw him at a party once on his own and couldnt tell whether he was being big headed or just shy but didnt speak to him.....
Attachments
jake pick.jpg
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.