Matthew's Solos

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Matthew's Solos

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hello :)

My youtube page has the following Playlists; please feel free to subscribe and also join my mailing list. You can join by sending an e mail to sear1200@googlemail.com

www.youtube.com/mattsuzo

Classical Guitar Clips
Original Compositions
Improvisations
Jazz Clips
Randy Rhoads clips

Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 am, edited 68 times in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Darin!

Thanks!

Matt
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey Matt,
awesome. Your tone is spot on, I thought while I was listening you had a Pod or some kind of multi effects processor however your gear list says otherwise. Excellent stuff!
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Matt is an extremely accomplished guitarist and also one of my heroes. Much love bro!!! And not in a Lone Ranger and Tonto way!! :lol:
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Thanks BIG P and Skezza

I hope this section of the site grows. It's great hearing everyone and seeing people improve and the directions they are taking 8)

Cheers for your comments

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Matthew wrote:Thanks BIG P and Skezza

I hope this section of the site grows. It's great hearing everyone and seeing people improve and the directions they are taking 8)

Cheers for your comments

Matt
I wish this section was better used, I know it could be an amazing place to hear the members take on Randy's playing. I never think to look because im not a guitarist.

I loved the outro to Tonight, I think 'Tonight' has to be my favorite ever Randy guitar part. Knowing it was scratch played and he was playing from the heart, I still get goose pimples listening to it and turn the volume up full to hear those last few notes. I still get a bit chocked up, to me 'Tonight' always seems to be about Randy himself and that haunting guitar solo as it fades is like him leaving us.

I know I am being a bit sappy, thanks for putting these on site Matt I will listen to the others later.

Trigger :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Trigger wrote: I still get a bit chocked up, to me 'Tonight' always seems to be about Randy himself and that haunting guitar solo as it fades is like him leaving us.

I know I am being a bit sappy, thanks for putting these on site Matt I will listen to the others later.

Trigger :D
No your not atall. When I think of how young Randy was and how little in stature he was, yet he just lets every last ounce of passion seep into that solo and plays like a giant.
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Here you are matt, made it sticky :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Matthew wrote:
No your not atall. When I think of how young Randy was and how little in stature he was, yet he just lets every last ounce of passion seep into that solo and plays like a giant...it makes me very sad too.

That solo says so, so much in such limited time. That really touches me because I think Randy lived a life that is like that solo...too short in time yet full of substance!

I can't play anything for a while after hearing Randy's Tonight. It makes other guitar solos to me for quite a while afterwards seem very shallow.
Sorry for hijacking this thread about your wonderful playing, But, you made me want to listen too 'Tonight' again, so between appointments I popped home to shower and change. I put 'Tonight' on and got ready. All I can say is you don't ever want to see a fat 40 year old plumber in the shower playing air guitar and crying! :?
Well! I wasn't really crying I got soap in my eye (well thats my excuse, and what I would have said if my girlfriend had seen me), but, I realised that 'Tonight' is still a masterpeice that can move me after 25 years of listening to it. I find that much of 'Diary' is like a peice of classical music and should be listened too much the way people listen to Bach, Mozart or Wagner.

Your playing of 'Tonight' was spot on and I think goes to show something even more about what was played by Randy on that fateful day back in 1981, That you, and all the other guitarists I have heard play Randy's solo (in that song) bring the same emotions out in me. Not only did you play it well, but that last minute or so of 'Tonight' is pure genius and the word genius can never be used lightly, but in my oppinion genius is what it is 8) .

Sorry again for the hijack and I will listen to the other solo's later :D

Bye for now

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Heej Matt,

Great stuff you got there!
Have to go through all your clips yet, you did a great job on the spotlight solo! 8)
I'm right now listening to your "Revelation Interlude", sounds very nice!
Btw. could this piece be inspired by "Private Investigations" from the Dire Straits? Because of your classical playing it suddenly clicks in my head, some of it seems like the same kind of chord progression. Thnx for posting that!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Dutchman!

The Revelation Interlude is a reworking (or as Tim Burton famously said, when he remade Planet Of The Apes,a 're-imagining' :) )
of the middle section of Revelation (Mother Earth)

Thanks for listening.

Cheers

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sounds great! Great feel there! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
CRAZY TRAIN

Post by CRAZY TRAIN »

AMAZING! :p where did you get RR's spotlight tabs?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

CRAZY TRAIN wrote:AMAZING! :p where did you get RR's spotlight tabs?
Sorry I didn't mean to not answer. They are from the Tribute Tab book. But I have changed the fingering in most of the pieces to what is easier for my way of playing.

Cheers

Mattx