Ozzy UK Blizzard Tour Poster 15 August 1980 ??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Ozzy UK Blizzard Tour Poster 15 August 1980 ??

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just getting this poster which has got me thinking :idea: Before anyone asks me or thinks that this is a made up poster, believe me this is genuine and no forgery.I have other similar posters from the same venue and time, and these are all alike.The date on the poster is 15th August 1980 and as we all know the first date of the UK tour was 12 September at the Glasgow Apollo but Ozzy had done a few warm up gigs under the name of 'Law' prior to this tour.But this date (15 Aug) was never advertised in any of the music press and the poster was up on a bill board inside the venue ?.This is where it was taking from, the original owner is from Newcastle.Did any of the other dates get announced then rescheduled ?? The date this gig eventually happened was 17 October this was after they had already played in Newcastle at the Newcastle City Hall 17th September..?? It is confusing that the date at the City Hall wasn't rescheduled and this was well before the date at the Mayfair.I thought i was looking at a forged poster on a first look but now that the poster is in my hands i can guarantee this to be 100% genuine.
ImageImage
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri May 25, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

It looks authentic to me as well!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Cool poster, don't know anything about any Blizzard dates in August 1980 apart from Reading Festival (Blizzard pulled out last minute to be replaced by Slade.)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Cool poster, don't know anything about any Blizzard dates in August 1980 apart from Reading Festival (Blizzard pulled out last minute to be replaced by Slade.)
Hi Gazza Looking at the time of the Reading festival which is the back end of August it was most possible that the original dates for the tour had been cancelled including the Reading date.Plus the Festival programme had a feature on Ozzy in it .So it must of been the original poster from the cancelled dates which i never knew about... :wink: another piece of the puzzle found eh!!
Blaclsmith13

Post by Blaclsmith13 »

Thats Kinda Confuseing