Randy Lesson Plans & More (Rare) (Updated 18/11/2006)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

no shaun. i have seen him in photos with this scarf though. the ones i gave him were standard size scarves. one was dark brown silk with the rr logo in a tan color. the other was a lavender silk with the purple logo which you can barely make out in the photo i posted.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

frank wrote:no shaun. i have seen him in photos with this scarf though. the ones i gave him were standard size scarves. one was dark brown silk with the rr logo in a tan color. the other was a lavender silk with the purple logo which you can barely make out in the photo i posted.
What a pity i was hoping to surprise you with a photo that you hadn't seen before.But never mind, i hope you've seen the photo of your old 67 VW with Randy lighting a ' bottle bocket ' HA!!!
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
frank wrote:no shaun. i have seen him in photos with this scarf though. the ones i gave him were standard size scarves. one was dark brown silk with the rr logo in a tan color. the other was a lavender silk with the purple logo which you can barely make out in the photo i posted.
What a pity i was hoping to surprise you with a photo that you hadn't seen before.But never mind, i hope you've seen the photo of your old 67 VW with Randy lighting a ' bottle bocket ' HA!!!
where is that photo? I'd love to see it!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

never mind...I found it. i think that I had too many beers at the parade tonight....
the "dumb blond" in me kicked in.
No comments, frank! you know that I'm not a blond either, and no comments from you, either, shaun
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
SunKing

Post by SunKing »

Great stuff - THANKS!
KodoBeast

Post by KodoBeast »

By The great beard of ODIN! :shock:

AS soon as i read this, its like all my scale knowledge clicked, and i was able to seamlessly jam a blues session flowing from major to minor everywhere across the fretboard with no problem, with phrasing too!

Maybe a placebo effect... maybe not... hahaha :)
rhoadsscholar
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by rhoadsscholar »

FRANK, we really should compare NOTES in the literal sense. Some similar stuff, some new stuff. It would be a pretty good sequal to the Dec 2006 article man. "RHOADSSCHOLARS". I have about 45 pages of stuff and ended up putting 25 in the first release of the e-book. More to come. It was focused, comprehensive, and GuitarWorld really helped put it out there.

What do say. I will be releasing a new update in a couple of weeks sharing some new stuff. Great comments from this board and others. Maybe there is a way to work together to help Randy's fans get better. I can never thank him enough for the gift we posses. Anyway, this post was a plesant supprise.

Post a reply frank, or drop me a private mail. I'll be posting the release of a RhoadsScholar update in a couple of weeks free to everyone who bought the 1st one, I discoverd some more leason plans I thought I know longer had in addition to some very cool quiet riot shots which I have never seen.

RhoadsScholar is back
Over the Mountain , and flying high again !
GUITAR STUDENT AND FRIEND OF LEGENDARY GUITARIST William Randall Rhoads. ALL ABOARD.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Peter had me post 2 new photos of Randy on the .http://myspace.com/randyrhoadsfilm. Randy In a cowboy hat and one with Rudy. I think these are from Lori and Rudy.
LoVe Life
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Thank you so much for these! It really warms my heart that Randy had sloppy handwriting for whatever reason. :lol:
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

That is amazing stuff... thanks for posting!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Lesson Plans & More (Rare) (Updated 18/11/2006)

Post by randy will never die »

skezza wrote:Thanks to Frank for sending me these to me! They are literally great!
I will be updating them as i recieve more from Frank, once again a big thank you!

I think this needs to be rediscovered

Hey frank did randy with that post card to you ?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Thought id add that the postcard that is here i was first shown by Shaun and later speaking with Frank got the story about how it came about so thank you both for that .It was in fact the house where they wrote Diary and Blizzard and i later discovered its been taken over by an old friend and his sister which is a complete coincidence....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

They should think about having tours there on the side.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Yes im sure it would generate loads of interest in the Rhoads community its right out in the Welsh countryside and its still a residential studio, Ridge Farm is now basically a hotel and Clearwell Castle is now a wedding venue ( they did pre production here) and none of the original equipment is there anymore anyway. However at Monnow Valley ( the old house/studio that Randy talks about in Frank`s postcard) still has all the rooms where they stayed and are still available to bands and people who wish to fish on the river and still looks as rustic as when they first went there in `79 and 81`and the studio still exists where they did the writing sessions, and around the front the river where Lee Kerslake went fishing.I have made a video inside and outside of the house with some info but i promised Sky i wouldnt make it public until Bob`s book is released this year.

My friend and his sister are currently the owners and dont plan on selling the place anytime soon which is good news with all the history that has gone on there. Bob and Lee have agreed to sign my old Crazy Train single to put up in the pool /games room wall with the other discs. There was nothing there to mark the history of the Blizzard era with the other bands that had recorded /rehearsed at the house over the years.

This is obviously because The Blizzard of Ozz was in its mere infancy when they were still auditioning drummers and writing the first album!
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Nick, So was the Monnow valley studios a different place to Rockcliffe studios. I think i'm getting deja vu with this question ?.
from what i can remember Rockcliffe was near by. Thats cool about putting some recognition up on the wall. Who are the other
artists who are in the 'hall of fame' of staying there ?. Funny you should mention a signed Crazy Train from Bob & Lee. I've just getting this one.
Attachments
Ozzy signed Crazy Train Bob & Lee.jpg