1st gig at Norbreck castle Blackpool warm up show 1980

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

1st gig at Norbreck castle Blackpool warm up show 1980

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A nice piece of memorabilia from the very first Blizzard of Ozz gig.
Attachments
101_2683.jpg
101_2682.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: 1st gig at Norbreck castle Blackpool warm up show 1980

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a flier advertising the same gig... Dark Sunday is a good clue...Im wondering why they didn't just go under their band name. Under contractual reasons they may of not been able to gig in Blackpool because of the announced tour.
Attachments
121562793_10222118068614238_5772081148336704273_n.jpg
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Very cool to see the flier! Awesome to see some more history resurfacing!!
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Now that is some real cool stuff!!! :mrgreen:
Mikel
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:This is a flier advertising the same gig... Dark Sunday is a good clue...Im wondering why they didn't just go under their band name. Under contractual reasons they may of not been able to gig in Blackpool because of the announced tour.
Wow! A 40 year old piece of paper from a gig, not a crease, stain or tear in sight and judging by the size of the thumb, it seems to be printed on A4 paper. Is it for sale on ebay yet?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What's wrong are you doubting this item's authenticity because Bob didn't mention it in his book. If you visit the Blackpool rocks page on Facebook you can ask the guy if he's putting it on ebay.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:What's wrong are you doubting this item's authenticity because Bob didn't mention it in his book. If you visit the Blackpool rocks page on Facebook you can ask the guy if he's putting it on ebay.
Why do you always feel the need to mention Bob whenever I post anything? I commented on the condition of a sheet of paper that's surfaced after 40 years, others can do the same, they're entitled to. If it's genuine, it's not showing its age, wish I could say the same. As for FB I've never signed up, not interested.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:What's wrong are you doubting this item's authenticity because Bob didn't mention it in his book. If you visit the Blackpool rocks page on Facebook you can ask the guy if he's putting it on ebay.
Why do you always feel the need to mention Bob whenever I post anything? I commented on the condition of a sheet of paper that's surfaced after 40 years, others can do the same, they're entitled to. If it's genuine, it's not showing its age, wish I could say the same. As for FB I've never signed up, not interested.
I wouldn't mention anything in response to you on a subject you have little experience with... Your response was a dig at me and you thought you'd be cocky by saying its a piece of faked A4 paper. Or was your reply an honest answer... The other guys who did reply had the decency to say both items are cool. Chime in by all means but don't gob off being smart for a reaction. NO Creases folds or signs of age....Look again I can see them...Something thats turned up after 40 years Yeah it's got the same smell as a Randy Rhoads plectrum that sold from one of your mates.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

I wouldn't mention anything in response to you on a subject you have little experience with... Your response was a dig at me and you thought you'd be cocky by saying its a piece of faked A4 paper. Or was your reply an honest answer... The other guys who did reply had the decency to say both items are cool. Chime in by all means but don't gob off being smart for a reaction. NO Creases folds or signs of age....Look again I can see them...Something thats turned up after 40 years Yeah it's got the same smell as a Randy Rhoads plectrum that sold from one of your mates.
Dig at you? I didn't give you a second thought, why would I? I commented on the subject of the post because considering how many bands played at the Norbreck in the 70s & 80s, I've never seen a flyer from that venue before. I couldn't say if it's genuine or not and if other people think the flyer is real, that's their opinion and I'm glad that you approve of their reaction but keep your ignorant, snide remarks to yourself.
You may see a conspiracy theory behind every post that I write but don't try to dictate what anyone posts on an open forum. Everyone, including me, has the right to post their comments and opinions on any subject in the thread, it's what keeps this site alive. Unfortunately your offensive, bullying remarks at targeted people have caused some to leave this forum and this site's not nearly as active as it once was.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's a shame that your still here...obviously I cannot butt hurt you enough into shutting the fuck up. But I'm sure I'll still be here when your long gone...
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's a shame that your still here...obviously I cannot butt hurt you enough into shutting the fuck up. But I'm sure I'll still be here when your long gone...
Butt hurt?? You're old enough to be a grandfather, FFS grow up!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Big bad bully boy....I better sit on the naughty step and your telling me to grow up.... Grow a pair of balls soft shite...
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Yikes
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Big bad bully boy....I better sit on the naughty step and your telling me to grow up.... Grow a pair of balls soft shite...
Soft shite!

You sound like those cunts who think they are hard but shit it instantly. Could not be more of a cartoon character if you tried.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

shawn wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Big bad bully boy....I better sit on the naughty step and your telling me to grow up.... Grow a pair of balls soft shite...
Soft shite!

You sound like those cunts who think they are hard but shit it instantly. Could not be more of a cartoon character if you tried.
I bet the last time you wer hard was in the school showers with your bum chum. Do you talk the talk.... or do you walk the walk pilgrim...?.