Kathy confirms video footage in 12/08 interview..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Kathy confirms video footage in 12/08 interview..

Post by Shockwave »

Not sure if this has been posted... I was listening to the Metal Voice interview with Kathy from 12/08 this morning. Out of nowhere she seemingly confirmed that she does have video of Randy and is just trying to find the right way and representation to release it.

Jump to 14:00 for where she briefly mentions it.

https://youtu.be/MA3AgzCmXcI
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Kathy confirms video footage in 12/08 interview..

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah this has been mentioned in the musonia robbery thread.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Thanks. Hadnt seen this.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Well there it is..she says she has it..trying to figure out a way to present it...say let it play out...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Is there any news about this footage that was given to Kathy? We are almost a year later now.
Not sure what the footage is, but if it's with Ozzy?* Don't you think the Osbourne's would be happy to release it with the '40 years after Blizzard'? (I think they would use it for sure if they could...)

EDIT: just read in the big footage topic it should be the 'Detroit' footage, so with Ozzy.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Yes 40 years after diary boxset..I’ll put money on it that we get it next November or before that. That is really there only avenue to release footage on something that makes more sense than something like the see you on the other side type of boxset (all albums).

There is no doubt in my mind we that we dont get a expanded edition of diary next year. The boxset with new footage would be the perfect companion for it. All they really need to do is take the A&E documentary parts of the diary tour and splice it in with some of the unseen interview bits that likely didn’t make the documentary. Put in a few segments from the 30 years after boxset as well, your run time is up over an hour then. Nothing new has to be done to create the boxset, just edit various pieces to together. The expanded edition of diary was already completed and has been sitting there unused since 2010. They knew they could make more money on it in a future release and that’s is why they removed it from the 2010 boxset at the last moment.

If late next year I am proven wrong then it’s all up in the air and nothing will make sense.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Shockwave wrote:Yes 40 years after diary boxset..I’ll put money on it that we get it next November or before that. That is really there only avenue to release footage on something that makes more sense than something like the see you on the other side type of boxset (all albums).

There is no doubt in my mind we that we dont get a expanded edition of diary next year. The boxset with new footage would be the perfect companion for it. All they really need to do is take the A&E documentary parts of the diary tour and splice it in with some of the unseen interview bits that likely didn’t make the documentary. Put in a few segments from the 30 years after boxset as well, your run time is up over an hour then. Nothing new has to be done to create the boxset, just edit various pieces to together. The expanded edition of diary was already completed and has been sitting there unused since 2010. They knew they could make more money on it in a future release and that’s is why they removed it from the 2010 boxset at the last moment.

If late next year I am proven wrong then it’s all up in the air and nothing will make sense.
yeah sounds like a very local option. And I agree if nothing comes out next year then it is not going to
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

UFO are putting out an awesome Strangers in the night Deluxe box set with all 6 shows that were recorded for the album. It just shows you what can be done if you really want to. Fingers crossed we get something nice and maybe Bob can work something out so that we can finally get to hear the grail as well.
The Flying Dutchman

Shockwave wrote:Yes 40 years after diary boxset..I’ll put money on it that we get it next November or before that. That is really there only avenue to release footage on something that makes more sense than something like the see you on the other side type of boxset (all albums).

To release it with a '40 years after the Diary' boxset next year makes sense yes. Big question I think is if the Rhoads family is willing to cooperate with the Osbourne's to release it...... ?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:

To release it with a '40 years after the Diary' boxset next year makes sense yes. Big question I think is if the Rhoads family is willing to cooperate with the Osbourne's to release it...... ?
Rhoads family has no choice really if it includes Ozzy or any of his music. That and it would be a better payday with Ozzy. The money could help Kelle buy the last few gallons of paint to finish painting Musonia. :D
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

she said that over 10 years ago and has still done nothing.. so annoying. through my own personal research, i've been able to confirm that there's a decent amount of unseen stuff to exist. the cobo hall stuff looks incredible and would be a real treat. here is one that NOBODY and i mean NOBODY acknowledges is bill shelley's footage. HD with sound of the diary band playing a private gig. bill personally confirmed it to me that it exists, he just doesnt have rights to release it.

maybe some day. but the audience and demand for it gets smaller and smaller as each year passes that the family is too stubborn to release what they have or give the Osbourne's permission.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

i spent years blaming sharon and the Os for no randy footage but it is entirely his family to blame. sorry if that makes me rude or insensitive. i get that they lost a family member. but to deprive his fans of him because of their own personal feelings is wrong at this point. he became more than just a son and brother. he was a source of motivation and joy for many many people and we suffer because of selfishness.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
The Flying Dutchman

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:she said that over 10 years ago and has still done nothing.. so annoying. through my own personal research, i've been able to confirm that there's a decent amount of unseen stuff to exist. the cobo hall stuff looks incredible and would be a real treat. here is one that NOBODY and i mean NOBODY acknowledges is bill shelley's footage. HD with sound of the diary band playing a private gig. bill personally confirmed it to me that it exists, he just doesnt have rights to release it.
Yes, that Bill Shelly footage, wasn't that the 'New Jersey' footage? Even Randy himself was excited this show was filmed! Such a shame this never found daylight..... Some folkes there srew up things up really bad. Such a shame.....
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:i spent years blaming sharon and the Os for no randy footage but it is entirely his family to blame. sorry if that makes me rude or insensitive. i get that they lost a family member. but to deprive his fans of him because of their own personal feelings is wrong at this point. he became more than just a son and brother. he was a source of motivation and joy for many many people and we suffer because of selfishness.
No I hear ya. It won't be a suprise to me either if we never ever hear about that footage again. For already a long time I feel the Rhoads are really not that motivated to release any new stuff. Lets hope we are wrong this time about this 'Detroit' footage they have. But it always comes over that they don't even like it when people just ask about it out of curiosity. It seems they just don't understand people are just excited to see new stuff. That's already for decades. After almost a year of silence at least they could give an update by now. If nothing happens for '40 years after Diary' they srew up again and probably for good.

Also don't forget those two brothers who are sitting on two front row filmed shows one with sound and one without sound. What's going on.....? It doesn't make any sense. There must be some things going on behind the scenes we don't know about....
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

I was at the Capitol Theatre show in Passaic NJ in 81' I lived in Clifton, the next town over at that time. I was 3rd row back to the right of the stage facing Randy and I remember see 2 cameras, 1 at each end of the stage. I also saw them at the Palladium in NY... the first show at 8pm.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

One thing I've learned over the years of being a Randy fan is you're lucky if you get 1/100th of what you hope for.