Blizzard of Ozzy 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition on 09/18

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Blizzard of Ozzy 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition on 09/18

Post by Shockwave »

Looks like Ozzy is officially releasing a 40th anniversary of Blizzard this Friday on streaming services. It appears to be the 2010 boxset version of Blizzard and the Live album. The only differences I spot are the missing sabbath songs from the live album.

I would say this pretty much guarantees we are going to get a 40th anniversary of Diary of a Madman next year. This would be the expanded edition that was originally supposed to come with the 2010 boxset. I would guess though that if they want to release any of the footage circulating around they would have to do another boxset sort of similar to 2010, but focusing on Diary. Realistically they may have planned for this already and have additional interview segments from the A&E documentary that they will use for the Diary boxset.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy- ... rd-of-ozz/
Ozzy Osbourne kicked off 2020 with his critically acclaimed No. 1 rock album "Ordinary Man" — his first new solo album in ten years — and a planned return to the road. And then came the pandemic. Now, fans of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee and Grammy-winning singer and songwriter can enjoy a variety of projects celebrating his legacy this fall. First up was the September 7 premiere of A&E Network's "Biography: The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osbourne". He'll also wrap the year by releasing the 40th-anniversary expanded digital edition of his landmark debut album "Blizzard Of Ozz" and digital versions of two classic longform videos, "Live & Loud" and "Live At Budokan".

Initially released on September 20, 1980 in the U.K., "Blizzard Of Ozz" marked Ozzy's debut studio album, following his departure from BLACK SABBATH. The expanded digital 40th-anniversary edition is set for release September 18 on Sony/Legacy. The new package includes Ozzy hits "Crazy Train", which will hit certified five-times-platinum status to coincide with its September release date; the gold-certified (in four countries) "Mr. Crowley" (both of which feature Randy Rhoads on guitar); along with "Suicide Solution", plus live versions of seven tracks that are currently unavailable digitally. The record was ultimately certified five times platinum and was ranked No. 9 on Rolling Stone's list of "100 Greatest Metal Albums Of All Time" in the U.S.; platinum (or multi-platinum) in another 12 countries and gold in an additional 13 countries. "Blizzard Of Ozz" was the first of two studio albums recorded with guitarist Randy Rhoads. The album's "Crazy Train" went on to become one of Osbourne's signature tracks; the song has also become one of the most played sports anthems frequently heard at NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL games. It peaked at No. 9 on Billboard's Top Tracks chart upon release — and in 2009, the song achieved a five-times-platinum certification. The live tracks — "I Don't Know", "Crazy Train", "Mr. Crowley", "Revelation (Mother Earth)", "Steal Away (The Night)" and "Suicide Solution" — were recorded on the "Blizzard Of Ozz" tour and were previously found only in the "Blizzard Of Ozz"/"Diary Of A Madman" 30th-anniversary deluxe box set. "You Said It All" (live) was originally found on the 1980 "Mr. Crowley" live EP, recorded in 1980 at the Gaumont Theater, Southampton, U.K. and was also not previously available digitally.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Blizzard of Ozzy 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition on 09

Post by orion_damage »

At this point I just skim the details of Ozzy releases. If I don't see the word "footage", I just move along. Well, unless there's some bitchin new audio of Randy.
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

Knowing the "Sharon Camp" I wouldn't expect anything new.....imo. :x
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

orion_damage wrote:At this point I just skim the details of Ozzy releases. If I don't see the word "footage", I just move along. Well, unless there's some bitchin new audio of Randy.
Me too.

The Ozzy camp has just gotten pathetic as the years have passed. It started out with the rumors of how poorly they have treated people they do business with. That at this point seems as if the rumors undersold what shit human beings they are.

Then it moved to the pathetic reality TV show. I cant get my head around that thrash. All that show did was prove what truly awful people the Osbournes are.

The marketing for their latest documentary has been just the most pathetic shit yet. Trying to paint Ozzy as a lovable fuck machine homicidal madman. Their interviews, Ozzy Sharon, come across as weird fake ass hats.

I must admit it is hard for me to listen to Ozzy singing now without remembering he is a fuck wit.

Which is such a shame because his work with Sabbath and his early solo stuff is just awesome.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Saw this on facebook and someone posted a link to Bob talking about suicide solution (at 22mins .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6PyOwCYI8) .. he says Suicide solution wasn't written before Bon Scott died haha .. love it

Sadly I am sure Ozzy 100% believes everything he hays about that period because in his mind that is how things happened, to me the sad part is it totally undermines the important role he actually played in the creation of the songs. Vocal melodies are a KEY part of making a song so he was a huge part of them but delusion statements about lyrics he did not write destroy is role completely to fans (real fans ... not the TV fans)
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

sytharnia wrote:Saw this on facebook and someone posted a link to Bob talking about suicide solution (at 22mins .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6PyOwCYI8) .. he says Suicide solution wasn't written before Bon Scott died haha .. love it

Sadly I am sure Ozzy 100% believes everything he hays about that period because in his mind that is how things happened, to me the sad part is it totally undermines the important role he actually played in the creation of the songs. Vocal melodies are a KEY part of making a song so he was a huge part of them but delusion statements about lyrics he did not write destroy is role completely to fans (real fans ... not the TV fans)
I'm not sure that he is miss remembering at all. I used to chalk it up to hard living and wishful thinking that he made these stories up about songs he wrote. I realise now that it is all marketing and brain washing. The brain washing is him attempting to have people defend him when he says he wrote these songs by attaching his personal stories to when he wrote a certain song. It works too, there has been many an discussion over Ozzy writing songs when I have heard people say but Ozzy says he wrote it about such and such. It also gives him some perceived moral stance, but Ozzy wrote those songs he can say and do what he wants.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So are these live cuts from the 1980 Blizzard tour from Southampton. I guess that is the source they have come from ?
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Blizzard of Ozz(40th anniversary edition) is now on spotify.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Could we say, that at this point in time, Ozzy´s biggest cash-cows would be his early solo-works? Even if we know that both, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman were albums by the band called BLIZZARD OF OZZ!!! (I will never stop pointing that out :D )
Mikel
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Anyone know if You Said It All was remastered or remixed at all or is it basically exactly what we got off of the Mr Crowley Live EP?
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Cryptic Night wrote:Anyone know if You Said It All was remastered or remixed at all or is it basically exactly what we got off of the Mr Crowley Live EP?
Sadly, it’s compressed and brickwalled/flatlined like the rest of the 30th and 40th and is the original mix. Much better off with the original UK or Canada black vinyl or Crazy Babies promo CD.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:So are these live cuts from the 1980 Blizzard tour from Southampton. I guess that is the source they have come from ?
Unfortunately, just the recycled tracks from the Ozzy Live CD. Nothing new with this 40th.