The Nine Lives Of Ozzy Osbourne

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

The Nine Lives Of Ozzy Osbourne

Post by Tito »

Hey Guys. I'm wondering whos going to watch this tomorrow. I hope they give the Randy segment more time than just the usual 2 or 3 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZO3Zp ... nnel=A%26E
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: The Nine Lives Of Ozzy Osbourne

Post by Shockwave »

Been looking forward to it for a year or so now, definitely watching it. I have been following this pretty closely over the last few weeks and here is what I have found out about It through various interviews with Jack and some limited reviews by those who have been able to see it early.

- Runtime is 86 minutes

- It's meant to be the most honest and raw documentary of Ozzy. Jack said nothing was off the table for discussion and he wanted to make Ozzy uncomfortable in order to get the most accurate accounts. Apparently Ozzy had to leave the room a few times during the some of the segments where he speaks of the events, or is watching them. What I was able to piece together is that the footage we see in the Ordinary Man video of Ozzy watching clips of his life is from parts of the actual documentary.

- It mainly focuses on Ozzy's life from 1979 to 1983. It does go well past that up until recent days but this documentary's focus is the early days of Ozzy solo career, his relationship with Sharon, and the events that made him famous in those early years.

- Jack stated he wanted to detail all the events that made his father famous in the early years and specifically stated..
- Blizzard of Ozz
- Diary of Madman
- Dove Biting
- Bat Biting
- Alamo incident
- Randy Rhoads plane crash

I am hoping for a maybe an hour of the early days, then I would guess roughly 30 minutes of the post 1983. I would bet the Osbournes have many hours of home video recordings that have Randy in it, similar to the birthday footage we saw of Randy. Hoping a new snippet like that is included somehow.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Nice! thanks Shockwave
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

If they crop out key players from pictures and just leave Ozzy & Randy then this isn't going to be as warts and all as I'd hoped.. Expecting to see very little of Lee, Bob and Jake if any acknowledgement at all.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've noticed in nearly every Ozzy docu / interview where he has to drag up the old days he only mentions Randy... .He didn't have time to file any law suits against him for unpaid shit etc...So Ozzy feels its the done thing to mention him only, plus the dead cannot answer you back...He had a shit time on tour with him in 1980.. So take that with a pinch of whatever..But don't believe every thing you read as gospel from the preachers of RR..
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I saw the trailer and honestly the fact that they show Randy and Zakk but no Jake E Lee pretty much made me think it is just going to be another bog standard Ozzy Doco. Lest face it Jake "saved" after Randys death as much as Randy did after his Sabbath firing
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Watched it last night and it was a good doc for those who don't know much about Ozzy. There is some new footage of Randy which last a few seconds. I DVR'd it last night and recorded that segment this morning on my phone, ill try to upload it to YouTube later today.

I believe all of the new snippets are from the ET footage as they are all wearing the same outfits and there is no crowd, seems to be one camera man as well.
1. Randy taking off his PDV guitar as the camera man follows him walking away
2. Small part of Ozzy singing a verse in OTM. You can't see Randy here but his guitar sounds crystal clear.
3. Randy walking out of the gates prior to OTM starting, wide view of the entire stage while this is happening and you can see crew members walking around on stage. Randy's white cabs were not taped black yet. This makes sense as when Ironman (from RR.TK ) saw the full ET footage back in 2007/2008 he said that as the intro is starting the camera man starts walking toward the stage as he is recording.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Here you go

stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Any links for this documentary? Anyone?
Mikel
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Soo can we confirm that the osbornes do in fact have the entertainment tonight footage and its entirety? We've seen new snippets now then which are more than we've ever seen in the past is it safe to assume?
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Yep thats the ET footage...they're sitting on the first 3 songs filmed...to me that's always been the "Grail"...since Jack is the one whose been spearheading alot of the docs about his Dad I'd say he would be the guy to contact and see if they could release it somehow.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

I just finished watching it this morning. I recorded it. It was an interesting walk down memory lane for me. I was a HUGH fan of Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads back in the 1980s. I always wondered what Ozzy was like at home, with his family. Then The Osbournes came out and I was glued to the TV and even bought the DVDs. The Randy stuff was okay at best. No mention of Bob or Lee. Ozzy talked about how Randy was so easy to work with. Sharon said Ozzy blames himself for Randy's death. Nice mix of Sabbath and "solo" career stuff, mostly drinking and drug intake situations. Nothing new for me.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

stealaway wrote:Any links for this documentary? Anyone?
I looks like it is on A&E's website.
richard emms

Post by richard emms »

Just watched it. Great documentary. The Randy bits were short but very sweet to see, and some footage I have never seen before (the shot from the distance of Randy walking onto the stage). I loved the bit when Randy takes off his guitar... very poignant. One piece that did shock me, and not sure if it was the real footage of the fire from in Leesburg -- was that real? If so, it could have done with not being in there.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

Nah that was footage of some other place on fire...I compared the video to the helicopter overhead shot the following day and its 2 separate places.