Ozzy Speak of devil live video Brad Gillis

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fortress
Madman

Ozzy Speak of devil live video Brad Gillis

Post by fortress »

Hi, i know its not RAndy related but i'm sure Randy Fan will love this video. Never seen that before

Its seems to be from the speak of the devil show???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZ2GKi3tZA

Well Brad Gillis part is edited but the Overhead CAm.. what show it is? IS it the Speak of the Devil (sabbath song) show?
richard emms

Re: Ozzy Speak of devil live video Brad Gillis

Post by richard emms »

It's The Ritz, NYC from 1982 and from the Memoirs of a Madman DVD (Ozzy's bunker)

I'm still looking for the snip from the Marquee 1991 as I was at that show.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

The Ritz show seems like a good one :lol: I've only seen snippets. Was there ever whole show or songs released? Or have they leaked out on bootleg-form?

Hope you guys are okey out there!? :D
Mikel
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

fortress wrote:Hi, i know its not RAndy related but i'm sure Randy Fan will love this video. Never seen that before

Its seems to be from the speak of the devil show???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZ2GKi3tZA

Well Brad Gillis part is edited but the Overhead CAm.. what show it is? IS it the Speak of the Devil (sabbath song) show?
yes it is the Ritz show that was released as the SoTD album (played 2 nights). Ozzy didn't turn up to any rehearsals until the soundcheck for the first show (the band had be there rehearsing for about a week) ... Max Norman got them to do an extra show during the day in between shows with no audience just incase the live shows were train wrecks and they would have back ups. He says 3 songs are on the finished album from the no audience show and they mixed in crowd noise. He has said what songs but says if you listen really hard with headphones you can pick them out

I would love to see a video version of the show because I think Brad killed it and really gave the sabbath songs a new lease of life
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Is there more stuff from Ritz on that memoirs DVD? I haven´t bought that (or much any Ozzy-stuff) excepct Blizzard/Diary-boxset, after 1995... But stuff with Bernie and Brad was good too, considering whom they had to replace... :I
Mikel
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Im not a Brad Gillis fan at all mainly due to his constant stroking of the whammy bar, but I get it that's his thing and will respect it.

Regardless of that even if he was the greatest guitar player ever and I loved him...he has the absolute cheesiest stage persona I have ever seen :D . It's like he read out of book on how to act and move on on stage, then combine that with being the worst actor of all time. Admittedly I have watched only his SOTD performance, I cringe and laugh every time I watch it.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Well, Brad wasn't Randy :) But he's pretty good as Brad Gillis :D
Mikel
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Brad does a great job in my opinion.