5.1 DVD Audio project

Talk about bootlegs, request bootlegs, and trade bootlegs here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think it would be great to archive all Randy's shows in almost perfect condition, but I am delighted that people like us here (at UR) and Darin have worked to keep Randy's material safe for future generations.

I know that 20 years ago I was working at gathering Randy's boots & demos so they never became lost. At the same time across the Atlantic Darin was doing the same. The internet has allowed people like us to work together, become friends and to share and help one another hunt for new things.

I think this project is safe because we care, however we all lead very busy lives.
When I started my work archiving Randy 20+ years ago gathering 1 new show was the result of months of searching and none of us truely knew what was available, 20 years later and the internet have made this gathering of material so much easier. I am not suggesting that you are all lucky because you might have only just started and everything has become instant (that isn't your fault to be born in a different time), but since the internet came along and sped things up it has failed to reveal anything new, This goes to show just how well the Randy archive keepers did the job 20+ years ago :) .

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

skezza wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:
Mick E. Gee wrote:I'm a little concerned this project isnt going to happen:(
Mick, don't give up. When I attempt to help, sometimes it takes a very long time due to other priorities, but eventually they get done. I just uploaded a smokin' version of Milwuakee, WI 1/22/82 to dimeadozen.org that I just got in trade. It would make an awesome addition to your project.
Agreed
I snapped up that version of Milwaukee. Great quality. Already started working it into the project.
The only reason I am concerned about the project is, it doesn't seem to end. New material shows up everyday of varying quality:)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shame that the three better versions of shows that surfaced this year were not new shows. :cry: :? :wink: :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

a few more unsurfaced shows would be lovely, but i suppose we will have to keep on waiting :)
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

Well, I'm back. It's been awhile. Can anyone help me with some soundboards? Any new upgrades?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Mick E. Gee wrote:Well, I'm back. It's been awhile. Can anyone help me with some soundboards? Any new upgrades?
What help do you need?
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

It's been a few years since I last checked for any upgrades or newly surfaced classic shows. Particularily the 1980 to 1986 eras. Anything new?
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

My favorite memories of gathering my Randy Rhoads collection were back in the day at flea markets or fairs and rushing home to see what I had found. To this day I still check places like that in hopes of finding a treasure. Just curious Mick, when will you consider this project complete? Good luck, happy hunting!
Mick E. Gee

Post by Mick E. Gee »

Madman56 wrote:My favorite memories of gathering my Randy Rhoads collection were back in the day at flea markets or fairs and rushing home to see what I had found. To this day I still check places like that in hopes of finding a treasure. Just curious Mick, when will you consider this project complete? Good luck, happy hunting!
Well, it hasn't really taken flight. I've been gathering material for years. It went on backhold for some time now. I interested in getting it started now, but I want to make sure I have all the material i can find first.