introduction: frank

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

frank
Student & Friend of Randy

introduction: frank

Post by frank »

hi. i've decided i should properly introduce myself since i've been skulking around the back door for about a week or so. i found your site through wikipedia. i am 51 and live in socal with my wife of 32 years. (i know, thats longer than some of you have been around). i picked up the guitar again about 2 years ago and increasingly found myself very hungry for anything randy-wise. this forum satisfies that appetite. thank-you. i met randy at a party thrown by a mutual friend (let's call him tony) in early 1978. we were jamming in tonys' basement and these two jokers were having a good time messing with me. they had bigger amps and were doing a good job of making me miserable. so, in walks randy with an entourage of about a dozen people. talk about star power. even then he had class and style. anyway, he picks up a guitar and proceeds to blow these yahoos out of the water. instant hero. later, he was sitting at the piano with a glass of white wine. very elegant. i asked him about lessons and he gave me a business card. i took lessons for almost two years and we became good friends. i'll always miss him. i do take comfort in your company and am very grateful that you guys are here.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Thank you for introducing yourself and welcome. We take comfort in you being here! As much as most of us didnt know Randy personally, we all know how he would of acted towards us and anybody who knew him personally! We are thankful for you being here Frank.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Frank,

Welcome here! :D
It's a privelege to have people here who really knew Randy. Thnx for sharing your stories here and hope you"ll continue with that for quite some time.
Thnx again Frank!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Frank

I am glad you like it here we are a friendly bunch and I know we appreciate all the stories that a friend of Randy's can share.

I look forward to seeing you around :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

AWESOME STORY :)

Wish that happend to me though lol

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

i can picture it. man, that must have been amazing.