New to the forums, but not to the legend

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

michaelstone1981

New to the forums, but not to the legend

Post by michaelstone1981 »

I'd like to start by saying Hi... Been a fan after I heard "Diary" when I was 10, so about 20 years now. And I must throw a big "THank You" to Trigger, I snaked quite a few "Diary" tour bootlegs that he uploaded. I just got my box set in Monday, and just now got to the live cd. Is it me, or was Randy really energetic during "Crazy Train" on this cd, with all the fills and whatnot. I believe that's the most energetic version of Crazy Train I ever heard. I love hearing all his live playing.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: New to the forums, but not to the legend

Post by rice_pudding »

Welcome to the board! Hope you like the box set, haven't got it myself so cant comment on the cd :?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Randy who? Just kidding! Enjoy the forum, If you have a question, post it and eventually the right answer pops up.

Try to be as honest as possible and don't let people get to you when they say stuff like, "Lee Kerslake didn't play on Diary because I read that from Tommy A" or "Randy was flying the plane" - Both statements are ridiculous and I have heard them, not necessarily here but other places. I have had debates with people everywhere (here as well) and I can tell you this; SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. They aren't limited by facts, reasoning or drawing straight lines between two points. There are old articles, reviews and other things that can be researched, documented but that isn't good enough for them. Because they have a feeling. I hope I blew this out-of-proportion and you never have to experience anything like I described. Good hunting!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Welcome aboard! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am glad you are enjoying the site and sharing the love of RR, you are welcome to the live shows they are a real eye opener and show just how magnificent RR really was. He is still as fresh today as he was in the early 1980's, when I play his live stuff to people who have never heard him they think they were recorded recently, that must be the mark of true genius.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
michaelstone1981

Post by michaelstone1981 »

I started playing guitar shortly before I got into Ozzy's stuff, and very quickly my favorite guitarist went from EVH to Rhoads. After all these years of trying, I just can't play Randy's stuff, but I do some things like he did, like using chorus on my solos, and double tracking solos. I snaked his "right hand behind left hand" technique from the OTM solo, and I love doing the 3 notes per string runs up the fretboard. I actually know all of Randy's solos note for note, but I just can't get the speed up. The only solos I can pull off up to speed are Revelation, the first solo in Tonight, and Diary Of A Madman