Howdy

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

IWasMaiden93

Howdy

Post by IWasMaiden93 »

Newer Randy fan (compared to most) I can say I became a Randy fan when promotion happened for the last Ozzy album... I decided "Hey, I'm a metalhead, Ozzy is the godfather of metal... I should at least of a few of his albums" and got Blizzard and Diary... Blah... Not really an Ozzy fan so I kinda blew it off... Then I started listening to this ballad-y one that caught my ear towards the end of Blizzard than BAM! This huge neo-classical freight train of a solo just thrusts into my speakers and I start to have a guitar-gasm. After hearing the Revelation solo I go check out who this guitarist was and that's when I stumble upon Randy Rhoads... About a month later when my friend asked me if the dude still tours or has a new band (Since we all knew Oz plays with the squeal-o-tron Wylde, so obviously Randy wasn't in the band) and so I look it up and saw he died 11 years before I was even born... Gotta say that was a devastating loss. Since then I've become a "Rhoadie" finding the original albums (after finding out about the remasters I had), Tribute album, bootlegs, Quiet Riot, etc... I'm even looking out for the Randy signature 59 Marshall Plexi Super Leads, a spotted V from GMW, MXR distortion +, etc, etc...

Anyways... That's me...
Oh, the name is Chad, I'm 18, I attend (or will in the fall technically) the University of Utah, live in Salt Lake (obviously), a professional musician (hey, I can say that now, I got paid $6 for my first gig a few weeks ago) but I also work at Wendy's for school and gear...
I love old music. Started with AC/DC and have evolved to everything. Main favorites include 80's thrash (Seen Megadeth 6 times, Slayer 4 times, Testament a couple times and Exodus once... My first pit was that show...) but you can find country (Johnny Cash and David Allen Coe ftw!), classical (Beethoven = heaviest motherfucker alive), baroque (Bach, can't really beat him), classic rock, doom metal, jazz, shred, etc, etc...

Anyways... That's me...
Oh, my sad list of gear currently is a Dean From Hell going into a Line 6 Spider 3 with an MXR distortion + and a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Howdy

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for your introduction Chad & welcome aboard! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Howdy

Post by Trigger »

Welcome to UR, I remember when I first heard RR and since then he has been in my heart, now a day doesn't go by without me thinking about his playing. I don't play guitar but I could tell he was a head and shoulders above the others back then and still is now.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.