Hey guys

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

V-man

Hey guys

Post by V-man »

Some of you may know me by the same name on some of the guitar forums. Thinking of how to make my introduction, I was reflecting on Randy and how he shaped my life, and looking back on the he was part of my life is actually quite striking, now that I think about it.

The first recording I ever bought as a kid in grade school was a cassette of Diary of a Madman, because I heard of how insane and evil he [Ozzy] was. Over the Mountain left an indellible impression in my head from that point forward.

In high school, I got into playing (loving N.W.O.B.H.M. & thrash). My first guitar was a Jackson Rhoads Professional (back when the MIJs were as good or better than the MIAs). I traded my #1 to a friend for $$$ and a rare Explorer, for one reason: the Rhoads signature guitars were forthcoming, and I by all rights I would have them both, and sure enough, I did. The black '92 PCS stringthrough is without question my #1 now and would be the last to go. Just days ago, I made a rash decision to jump on an "As New In Box" Marshall 1959RR and all things going smoothly think it may be one of the best purchases made since the 90s.

Gear hoarding aside, I am certainly not the caliber of fan many of you are. He is simply a hero of mine, one who went long before his time. Tragic as it was, at least left us with the untarnished memory of a great guy and phenominal player, unlike so many other (some former) heroes who lived to disappoint. One last thing I found interesting was a date he and I share. March 18th was the last time he did what he lived for: playing on the stage. On the next day, he departed for the realm of the dead. March 18th (thirteen years ago) was the last morning I did what I lived for: drinking. On the next day I departed to the realm of the living. A poingnant reminder of the circle of life perhaps. Anyway, nice to join some fellow fans in appreciation of his legacy!
AceVader
Cool Member

Re: Hey guys

Post by AceVader »

Welcome!

Pics of the guitars would be appreciated :p
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Thanks for letting us know a little about yourself V' it is good to meet you and welcome to UR. :D

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Welcome aboard! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.