A quick hello from a New Jersey newbe

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jep1210

A quick hello from a New Jersey newbe

Post by jep1210 »

Hi,

I just found this site yesterday while googling how to get Randy Rhoad's tone. There is alot of great info here(of course you don't need me to tell you that) so much so I feel a little overwhelmed. I've been an Ozzy fan since 6th or 7th grade (1980 or so). All the kids used to make fun of me for being a fan of a "devil worshiper". :roll: LOL.

I have wanted to play guitar since I was 4 or 5 when I'd play air guitar in my brother's room to Alice Cooper, I still have cousins that ask me if Dead Babies is my favorite song 40 some years later :lol: . I finally started playing guitar in 82 thanks in no small part to Randy Rhoads.

I think Randy Rhoads was fantastic and wonder how different things would be if he was still around. That said, I can also appreciate Jake E Lee’s and Brad Gillis’ work too. I was glad to see there are other people with respect for Brad Gillis’ time with Ozzy based on posts I’ve read on this site. My brother recorded the Ozzy concert, with BG on guitar, MTV played way back when they actually played music. I wish I still had that tape (VHS). Speak Of The Devil would definitely be one of my lost on a deserted Island necessities, great guitar work, great drum work, great songs. I always wondered if I was the lone Brad Gillis fan out there. It took a while but I even have an appreciation for Zack Wylde too.

Well that’s all I got for now, just want to introduce myself and say howdie.

John
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: A quick hello from a New Jersey newbe

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi John

I loved reading how you found us here! Yes lots of Ozzy, Randy, Zakk and just music lovers in general here. Great to meet you

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
jep1210

Post by jep1210 »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi John

I loved reading how you found us here! Yes lots of Ozzy, Randy, Zakk and just music lovers in general here. Great to meet you

Matt
Thanks Matt!

Nice to "meet" you too :D My search for Randy's tone was unsuccessful. Every answer I get basically says you have to have the same amp, pickups, effects pedals and basically be him to get it. I find it hard to believe in this day and age with electronics being what they are you can't get a sound close with any rig. I have a Boss GT-6 effects processor and I'm sure it's hiding in there somewhere but I don't know how to get it out.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

hey jep there should be a thread on here somewhere discussing his tone settings etc..welcome aboard!!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

welcome to UR Jep, I like the Brad Gilis stuff and that video is available on Ebay from time to time and has been converted to DVD.
I am very pleased to meet you.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
jep1210

Post by jep1210 »

Trigger wrote:welcome to UR Jep, I like the Brad Gilis stuff and that video is available on Ebay from time to time and has been converted to DVD.

Ian
Thanks Trigger, nice meeting you too. You have given me a new mission, to get that DVD. I found one on Amazon for $199 :shock: I think I'll keep searching.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for signing up here John!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

jep1210 wrote:
Trigger wrote:welcome to UR Jep, I like the Brad Gilis stuff and that video is available on Ebay from time to time and has been converted to DVD.

Ian
Thanks Trigger, nice meeting you too. You have given me a new mission, to get that DVD. I found one on Amazon for $199 :shock: I think I'll keep searching.
Mine cost about $15 five years ago so don't be fooled into thinking it is worth any more than that.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Welcome aboard!!! Here's a link to download an .iso of it that you can either burn a DVD with, or mount on your computer as a virtual drive and watch it on your computer: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCC9RARM The link is still good - you're just downloading a text file initially, that contains the links for all the parts to it (it's a multi-volume archive that is uncompressed after it's all done downloading). The only sources I've seen for buying it are just homemade DVD's anyway.
Ric