I guess I should post an intro

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AceVader
Cool Member

I guess I should post an intro

Post by AceVader »

Hey guys, been hanging around a bit lately and figured it's time I post an intro. Forgive the username, it's goofy but an old one I've used at other boards. I've lurked here for man years and had probably 2 or 3 other user names but never posted, and of course I dont even remember what they are so I used this one.

Anyway, I was 4 when Randy died so of course I had no idea who he was when he was still alive. I do remember when Tribute came out. My uncle had a copy and I remember looking at the pictures inside thinking "man, it sucks that this guy died". I loved the album but didnt completely understand the significance till a few yeas later. I always loved rock and metal but when I was 12 or so it really really hit me that this guy had something that grabbed me like nobody else.

I remember being 15 or so and my dad getting me my first guitar. He didnt think I would stick with it. I got the tab for Crazy Train from a magazine and spent hours every day working on it until I could play it. (Still cant play that solo though, In 17 years of playing I still have never developed a lot of speed). Suffice to say, Randy still blows me away with his playing. What really gets me now is hearing the "unofficial" stuff, which IMO is really his best. The bootlegs where he is really on fire, tossing in his lightning fills and improvising little parts here and there, and of course his tone is better. Dont get me wrong, the studio stuff was amazing but that live tone he gets, especially on the Montreal show is just great. I also of course love the After Hours stuff, his tone is big, ballsy, and has a real growl to it that the official releases totally lack. It may sound silly, but I always love to hear him galloping on the A string for Crazy Train live, which he didnt on Tribute. That always really bugged me. The shows where he does are great.

Anyway, I'm a long time Randy fan who finally had something small to contribute. So hello there. Shout out to Trigger for the audio section. That's huge, man. Getting to hear all the stuff that's out there blows me away.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: I guess I should post an intro

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Welcome aboard AV! 8)

*I rarely listen to the official recordings, I rather listen to good quality boots too!
(Montreal, Cleveland, Long Beach etc., very recently I digged up the 1980 Manchester show which is great too)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Welcome aboard AV! 8)

*I rarely listen to the official recordings, I rather listen to good quality boots too!
(Montreal, Cleveland, Long Beach etc., very recently I digged up the 1980 Manchester show which is great too)
I dont think I listned to the Long Beach one yet, I'll have to check it out.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Lots of great boots in the audio section here!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Wwelcome Ace, it is great to meet you fully here, Randy left something few people realised at the time and that is a huge gap that nobody has ever filled! his playing hasn't dated and for a small man he made huge vast collosal music which still stuns me to this day.

You are welcome with rgard to the audio, I only listen to live randy these days because that is the true genius at work and Wow when is on form nobody can touch him. I am not a guitarist I am a drummer but even I can hear that he he head a shoulders above everyone still.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.