Just found this site by accident

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Oinku

Just found this site by accident

Post by Oinku »

Randomly came up on my browser somehow so I wandered around some and found I had to join to do anything .Anyway listened to some tracks I had never heard and remembered why Randy was one of my guitar heroes. High school music for me (damn I am old) 1980 Grad , I just got a RR5FR not too long ago had to have it altered quite greatly to get it to what I like in a guitar.Think its a shame they put those stock seymor duncans in them ,not a fan at all.Put some Tom Andersons in it , wired them series/split/parallel , took the paint off the neck and working on the finish still. My guitar guy had to do a ton of work on the neck and frets it is a 2008 model obviously had never been properly setup. Well dug out the Ozzy discs today and played them found some tabs and realized I can barely play any of this stuff. Would think that the hands would remember a little of it. I mean besides stuff like Crazy Train and the basic Rhythm parts. So 30 years later I am embarking on the Randy Lesson once again , wish me luck I need a ton of help. Nice spot you have here too folks thanks for letting me join you :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Just found this site by accident

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Welcome to the site Oinku i'm sure you'll find threads here to help you back into playing those Randy licks. Some good reading and plenty interesting topics for ya :wink:
krandall

Post by krandall »

Oinku,welcome to the board,yes keep practicing and if you really want to get stuff down you will by sheer determination and pratice,pratice pratice.There are many great youtube video's of some showing how to play randy lick's and stuff,I say learn what you can then put your own stamp(imagination) to it,some of the best player's got their own style by trying to figure out how to play things and getting stuff wrong or shall I say not quite correct-yes in the days before tabs etc-keep wailing away as one can never stop learning.Rock On,Kevin
www.krmusicalproducts.com
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Glad you found this site! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

me too!!!!welcome aboard dude!!!!!!
Oinku

Post by Oinku »

Got 30 plus years exp used to be able to play this stuff behind my back if you dont use it you lose it ! Had no idea I had slipped so far away from being able to play this someone get the stupid stick and beat me to death with it please ? Going to have to sit down and re-learn some techniques and start a new practice routine.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Oinka

welcome to ur!! - the Rhoads forums re ignited my interest in rock guitar too!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt