Hey from the Newbie!

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rhoads157

Hey from the Newbie!

Post by rhoads157 »

New guy here just wanting to say hello!
I have been into Randy's playing since the release of the Blizzard album and I remember sitting for hours on end listening to the Diary album just totally blown away and especially with OTM!!
At that point I knew that I wanted to learn to play guitar and that is what I did and never looked back.
I have a large collection of Rhoads items that I have collected over the years and the one item that I do not have anymore that I wish I still did have is the polka dot Jackson V that I bought and was number 157 out of 157 made for the world in the ltd run. Big mistake getting rid if that one and I need to track it down. (BADLY)
I have some great photos of Musonia and Delores with an autograped piece of stationary (Musonia) from Mrs. Rhoads.

I recently left the Musical Instrument retail workplace and I hope my love for playing will come back as I kinda got sick of it from working around it for a while. If that makes sense.

My fav song right now is SATO and my 11 yr old son recently talked to his 5th grade school music class about Randy and I think it's great that he is trying to keep Randy's memory alive!!!!

I am also a huge fan of Joe Holmes and I wish that he would have recorded a cd with Ozzy. Talent!!!

God Bless Randy and the music that he brought to us.

-David
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

hi david. sounds like you have much to contribute to the site and you're a welcome addition.
Last edited by frank on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Welcome, David!
pull up a chair & enjoy!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi David

I am very pleased to speak to you, I am not surprised that your 11 year old is a Randy enthuisiast I think that the 'Diary' album is timeless and as fresh and current sounding as it was in 1981 when it was released.

I am proud of the members here and I know you will be made welcome, I understand Joe Holmes was a Randy student so that might explain why he was so good. We also have another Randy student and friend here (Frank), I noticed he has said hello. He knows more about Randy the person than anyone.

My favorite album is 'Diary' and the title track still sends shivers down my spine and 'Tonight' still brings tears to my eyes.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Welcom David! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ian Wicket

Post by Ian Wicket »

Welcome :D