The World's Greatest Guitarist

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Riprr

The World's Greatest Guitarist

Post by Riprr »

Greetings and salutations, friends and comrades to be, and thank you to those responsible for the continued operation of this fantastic website in recognition of the World's Greatest Guitarist, Randall William Rhoads.

What time is it here on the west coast, anyway? Jeez- 5:30 a.m. Not surprised. Seems I've made it a (Force of) habit lately to stay up very late, drink high proof bourbon, and listen to Randy play, and fantasize playing as he did, and think about his fate- and try not to tear up when I hear my ultimate guitar hero.

No one has the character, tone or technique of R.R., and no one ever will again.

For the record, I'm presently fairly hammered, listening to QR I and II, and trying to type coherently; Randy's fantastic playing is rather distracting.

For what it's worth, I could never say "I love you" to anyone other than my family, or very closest friends, and mean it sincerely; I could say it to Randy and mean it sincerely.

Many decades ago, when I was 12 years old, I remember a particularly beautiful spring Saturday morning. It was full of sunshine, and blue sky, and I was riding my BMX bike on the expansive green grass field of La Entrada middle school in Menlo Park, California, when suddenly, as if from nowhere, someone shouted out to me: "Hey- Randy Rhoads is dead- he died in a plane crash!"

I will never forget that moment, on that day, and promise to labor to ensure that neither will anyone else forget the memory of Randall William Rhoads.

R.I.P. R.R.

Riprr
The Flying Dutchman

Re: The World's Greatest Guitarist

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx for joining!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.