Faith No More...

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Faith No More...

Post by Shockwave »

Wow!...

I am 37 now and pretty much listened to everything from 1988 when I really started getting into music and of course Faith No More came out with there single Epic in 1990 which everyone knows, they followed it up with a few others off the album that year and then they disappeared to me up until about 6 months ago when i started hearing about a new album coming out. So around that time I got all there albums after "The Real Thing" that i had no idea existed and holy crap, there were a ton of songs on the radio throughout the 1990's that i had no idea it was them. Mainly because Mike Patton changed his voice knowingly for The Real Thing album and that is nothing what he actually sounds like.

Needless to say i have been listening to them non-stop for the last 6 or so months and they have skyrocketed to my top 5 favorite bands of all time and right now they are #1, eventually i see them settling around 3 to 5 in my mind. Anyway, i always heard Mike Patton was a great vocalist and i must say he truly is. The guy has so many different styles and he can sound like a totally different vocalist at times. His range is unbelievable and supposedly one of the best ever in modern music.

I saw them in Blue Hills Pavilion in Boston last month and it was one of the best shows i have ever seen. It's actually to the point where I was considering flying out to see them somewhere else before this tours ends as they are unsure if they are going to do another album and tour after this.

Anyway...here is a few songs from them you may have not heard, or maybe you did but didn't know it was them from way back when... The last few songs I will post will be off there new album, Check out the BBC live sessions, and the song MOTHERFUCKER (really good anthem type song)

BBC - 3 songs for BBC, Really great performances

Live at the Filmore, Detroit 2015 - Full Concert ( Watching this is what got me back into them big time)

Patton's done a lot of voice work over the years also for movies and video games, never knew that. He did all the monster voices for the movie I Am Legend if you remember that one..

**EDIT** Not sure what WTH is wrong with the youtube embed feature here but i couldn't figure it out after about 30 minutes!
Last edited by Shockwave on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Faith No More...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Shockwave wrote:**EDIT** Not sure what WTH is wrong with the youtube embed feature here but i couldn't figure it out after about 30 minutes!
You need to do http without the s....

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Shockwave wrote:**EDIT** Not sure what WTH is wrong with the youtube embed feature here but i couldn't figure it out after about 30 minutes!
You need to do http without the s....

nice thanks! Your the best dam Paul Wolfe on this site! :lol:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i remember seeing these guys when they supported GNR's with Soundgarden back in 1991-92...shit man i was blown a fkn way. top act and a great band to see at an OAG. Great atmosphere and who would of thought doing Easy would of been one to win the crowd over ...fkn class shit !!
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456