Post by randy will never die »

Is this Randy's son ? Maybe
:P :P :P :D :D :D :P :P :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBAN7TljsE
kamalayka
Cool Member

Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?

Post by kamalayka »

I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

The guy in the video has good intonation, though.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka wrote:I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

Really not trying to be a dick here, but you think he's got a good grasp of pitch accuracy?

As for copying others, that was actually a tribute to a great player not a copy of him. It's been my experience that every great player started out copying others. That's how you learn to phrase and put musical ideas together. Even Beethoven and Mozart listened to others prior to creating masterpieces. Nobody is a born master.

Check out this kid's other videos to see how talented he is.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
kamalayka wrote:I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

Really not trying to be a dick here, but you think he's got a good grasp of pitch accuracy?

As for copying others, that was actually a tribute to a great player not a copy of him. It's been my experience that every great player started out copying others. That's how you learn to phrase and put musical ideas together. Even Beethoven and Mozart listened to others prior to creating masterpieces. Nobody is a born master.

Check out this kid's other videos to see how talented he is.
You dick. I am so offended. J/k.

I agree it seems everyone copied each other. Well Bach didn't and neither did Franz Liszt but hey we all can't be them.

I think there is nothing wrong with coping people. Right now I have been studing Slash alot. More about some of his stage presence. I dig it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

dannyahansen wrote:You dick. I am so offended. J/k.

I agree it seems everyone copied each other. Well Bach didn't and neither did Franz Liszt but hey we all can't be them.

I think there is nothing wrong with coping people. Right now I have been studing Slash alot. More about some of his stage presence. I dig it.

Sebastian Bach? He copied all sorts of people... just check out his guitar playing on Gilmore Girls :P :lol:

Oh, wait, you meant Johann, huh?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:

Sebastian Bach? He copied all sorts of people... just check out his guitar playing on Gilmore Girls :P :lol:

Oh, wait, you meant Johann, huh?
Ha yeah. I did. That is too funny.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

What's up with that VH t-shirt! I didn't enjoy the playing or the tone. I would have just as soon heard a note for note cover as hearing this particular tribute. Not saying he doesn't have a future as a musician. I just didn't like it.