It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:03 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 1033
Location: clinton,Iowa USA
Is this Randy's son ? Maybe
:P :P :P :D :D :D :P :P :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBAN7TljsE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:16 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:29 am
Posts: 186
I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

The guy in the video has good intonation, though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5199
kamalayka wrote:
I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

The guy in the video has good intonation, though.


Really not trying to be a dick here, but you think he's got a good grasp of pitch accuracy?

As for copying others, that was actually a tribute to a great player not a copy of him. It's been my experience that every great player started out copying others. That's how you learn to phrase and put musical ideas together. Even Beethoven and Mozart listened to others prior to creating masterpieces. Nobody is a born master.

Check out this kid's other videos to see how talented he is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Posts: 503
Location: utah, usa
Paul Wolfe wrote:
kamalayka wrote:
I never got the fascination with copying other people. (Even when I saw footage of Randy Rhoads mimicking Mick Ronson, it irked me.)

The guy in the video has good intonation, though.


Really not trying to be a dick here, but you think he's got a good grasp of pitch accuracy?

As for copying others, that was actually a tribute to a great player not a copy of him. It's been my experience that every great player started out copying others. That's how you learn to phrase and put musical ideas together. Even Beethoven and Mozart listened to others prior to creating masterpieces. Nobody is a born master.

Check out this kid's other videos to see how talented he is.

You dick. I am so offended. J/k.

I agree it seems everyone copied each other. Well Bach didn't and neither did Franz Liszt but hey we all can't be them.

I think there is nothing wrong with coping people. Right now I have been studing Slash alot. More about some of his stage presence. I dig it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:53 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5199
dannyahansen wrote:
You dick. I am so offended. J/k.

I agree it seems everyone copied each other. Well Bach didn't and neither did Franz Liszt but hey we all can't be them.

I think there is nothing wrong with coping people. Right now I have been studing Slash alot. More about some of his stage presence. I dig it.



Sebastian Bach? He copied all sorts of people... just check out his guitar playing on Gilmore Girls :P :lol:

Oh, wait, you meant Johann, huh?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:30 pm
Posts: 503
Location: utah, usa
Paul Wolfe wrote:


Sebastian Bach? He copied all sorts of people... just check out his guitar playing on Gilmore Girls :P :lol:

Oh, wait, you meant Johann, huh?

Ha yeah. I did. That is too funny.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Randy's son maybe ?!?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:01 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:32 pm
Posts: 154
What's up with that VH t-shirt! I didn't enjoy the playing or the tone. I would have just as soon heard a note for note cover as hearing this particular tribute. Not saying he doesn't have a future as a musician. I just didn't like it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net