You gotta see this. Crowley Solo (s) Covered

Post by camdenlp »

This guy is Judas Priest's new (ish) guitarist. He is a badass. Proof below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vNMNN ... ata_player
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: You gotta see this. Crowley Solo (s) Covered

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The problem with covers of Crowley is that the original will always sound better.

To be fair, I checked out some other vids and found him to be a decent player. I wouldn't, however, but him in the league of the top guys in the business. That's not a knock on his talent, it's just that he sounds like he hasn't quite hit his stride yet.

Take George Lynch for example, he did some really cool stuff with Dokken, but didn't hit his stride, in my opinion, until later with Lynch Mob. John Sykes was the same way, again in my opinion. With Tygers, Lizzy and Whitesnake he did some great things, but when he got to Blue Murder, he clicked and is now definitely in the league of Zakk, Slash and the other top tier guys.

Richie Faulkner sounds like he might have what it takes to be great, but, I believe, it'll be after Priest when he truly shines.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Bh1Hkdf5Q[/youtube]
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Don't get me wrong, Judas Priest isn't going to bring this guy stardom, but he's gonna find it elsewhere, no doubt. Did you see his Hendrix stuff? The Dude has amazing feel.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

camdenlp wrote:Don't get me wrong, Judas Priest isn't going to bring this guy stardom, but he's gonna find it elsewhere, no doubt. Did you see his Hendrix stuff? The Dude has amazing feel.
I agree, he definitely has what it takes, I hope he can capitalize on the doors Priest is opening for him.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I think that Lynch's playing in Dokken is leagues above Slash or Zakk. I personally put it up there with Randy and Jake's playing. I sa Faulkner live and thought he was a great player from what I saw. It just a matter of opinions really
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

BowTie29 wrote:I think that Lynch's playing in Dokken is leagues above Slash or Zakk... It's just a matter of opinions really
True, true. I like some of Dokken's stuff, but not a lot. I really can't stand Zakk but I get his influence and reputation. Slash, for me, is the best player out there right now, simply because I love his style and 99% of what he plays.

As you say, though, it's personal opinion.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

He's a good player, but those solos sounded sort of average to me -- not bad, but not exactly jaw-dropping.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:John Sykes was the same way, again in my opinion. With Tygers, Lizzy and Whitesnake he did some great things, but when he got to Blue Murder, he clicked and is now definitely in the league of Zakk, Slash and the other top tier guys.
excuse me, but you obviously haven't listened enough to Whitesnakes selftitled album 1987 :twisted: