Post by shred1 »

Vivian Campbell interview:
http://blog.sharemyguitar.com/smg-inter ... adventure/

Worth reading!
The_Scratch

Re: Vivian Campbell & Dio

Post by The_Scratch »

Interesting comments on Dio and the finacial discrepency

Sounds like Dio was was worse than Sharon Osbourne.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Wow, this sounds very familiar...
Always wondered why Vivian left Dio, they worked so well on those 2 first Dio albums, never understood. :?
(of course we have to keep in mind we only hear one side of the story here. Ronnie isn't here anymore to defend himself... )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"It was like being in a band with your step dad." :D

"Ronnie and particularly his wife Wendy made this promise to all of us back then."

The singer and his wife screwed over the band... what an unusual story, they should make a movie about something like that :lol:
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

$60,000 for you Viv and 11 million for Ronnie. Those lead singers that have egos and wife managers seem to eat it all up for themselves. There is no I in team but there is in $11 Million! :x
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I understand the discrepancy and all, but, seriously, $60K in 1983 was good money. I always tell my kids to quit bitching about what they don't have and be thankful for what they do have. In '83 Viv was 21 and he made $60K for playing guitar? Sorry, but whining about that is stupid.

And as has been pointed out, Ronnie isn't here to present his side of the story.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Viv's story has been backed up by Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain and Claude Schnell recently in the press - the original Dio members have been jamming together and considering doing some shows.

I am not sure why you claim 'tough luck' for the original Dio members, but defend 'others' with similar experiences of non payment. They wrote the songs but didn't get credit - sound familiar?

And, as pointed out, but with a twist, Randy Rhoads isn't here to present his side of the story either.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

Randy Rhoads and Ronnie James Dio in the same band. . . that would sound cool.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

kamalayka wrote:Randy Rhoads and Ronnie James Dio in the same band. . . that would sound cool.
Not sure about that.
One of the reasons Jake left the Dio gig was because Ronnie
wanted Jake to step back in both appearance and playing so he
wouldn't outshine Ronnje himself ;)

I would imagine the rules would've been the same for Randy...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:I am not sure why you claim 'tough luck' for the original Dio members, but defend 'others' with similar experiences of non payment. They wrote the songs but didn't get credit - sound familiar?
I don't recall defending Bob when it comes to money, I defend him on the claim that Blizzard of Ozz was meant to be a band, because I read interviews with Ozzy at the time where he said, "The Blizzard's gonna take over the world!" Bob got what his contract called for (or the lawsuits would have gone in his favor) money-wise, and for Vivian to make a public bitch in an interview all these years later just makes him sound petty.

Vivian has had a good career and has Ronnie to thank for introducing him to the world. So, in a way, Ronnie is responsible for all the wealth and fame Viv has had. Granted, Viv has some talent, but he had to get a break, and Ronnie gave it to him.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

to make a public bitch in an interview all these years later just makes him sound petty.
Considering all that has been said here... I find this comment contrary and ridiculous.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:
to make a public bitch in an interview all these years later just makes him sound petty.
Considering all that has been said here... I find this comment contrary and ridiculous.
As I said, I never defended Bob on the money thing, he sounds petty, too. At least he's been publicly bitching since 1981.

I find your constant referral to your hatred of Bob Daisley to be petty and ridiculous, but that's not going to stop you. So feel free to find me 'contrary and ridiculous', no big deal, we are all entitled to our opinions.