New Sarzo interview 2012

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rokket
Madman

New Sarzo interview 2012

Post by rokket »

Interesting version there Rudy, you didn't hear about the crash, you witnessed it. Ahhh what you witnessed was after the fact, you were actually asleep on the bus. You've spent too much time with Ozzy, get your story straight, it's misleading to people who don't know any different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewstKqr7rZE
shred1
Madman

Re: New Sarzo interview 2012

Post by shred1 »

Misleading? He was there that horrific day. So, whether he witnessed the 'impact' or not is neither here nor there.
I imagine it was a brutal experience. I wouldn't want to talk about it in detail either.

This rewriting history 'mantra' is getting old.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Speaking a "rewriting history" I heard an interview with Quiet Riot in 1979 the other day and in it they asked how the band started. Randy himself left Kelly Garni completely out of the story and stated He and Kevin started the group. Kinda made me think about Bob and how just maybe Randy... Well.. you know how history can repeat itself sometimes.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:Misleading? He was there that horrific day. So, whether he witnessed the 'impact' or not is neither here nor there.
I imagine it was a brutal experience. I wouldn't want to talk about it in detail either.

It's misleading to people who don't know any different, witnessing the aftermath of a crash is totally different to witnessing it, "neither here nor there" is far from the mark. If I say in regards to a crash, "I didn't hear about it, I witnessed it", then most people would take that as me seeing the crash happen. He was there that horrific day, and I imagine it was a brutal experience too, but if you are going to recall something, recall it factually or not at all....just sounds like he's trying to involve himself more in it than he actually was.......it's BS.

The re-writing history mantra, as you put it, is only getting old, it seems, as it keeps being perpetuated.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

axeman_12656 wrote:Speaking a "rewriting history" I heard an interview with Quiet Riot in 1979 the other day and in it they asked how the band started. Randy himself left Kelly Garni completely out of the story and stated He and Kevin started the group. Kinda made me think about Bob and how just maybe Randy... Well.. you know how history can repeat itself sometimes.
Except for the fact that we do actually know from several different people about the beginnings of QR and Blizzard. The people who were there at the time.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

rokket, with that sort of logic, if you get t-boned by a car you didn't see, then you weren't in an accident!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

rokket wrote:just sounds like he's trying to involve himself more in it than he actually was.......it's BS.

I dont buy into this statement at all.

Randy and Rudy were friends. They played in two bands together. As fans we will never care for Randy the way Rudy, Ozzy, Bob, Kelly G. or any of those guys did. They cared for Randy because they knew him and respected him. Not Because of the songs he helped write or because he made them wanna play guitar.

I think you are being to harsh on Rudy. He had no part in Bobs misdoings. He is simply the guy they hired later. Rudy seems like a classy person and he has never done anything that should make us feel any different.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:rokket, with that sort of logic, if you get t-boned by a car you didn't see, then you weren't in an accident!
And by your logic, if you turned the corner and saw two cars smashed up and on fire, you witnessed the accident. No you didn't, what you saw was AFTER the accident, big difference. According to the news reporter based on the story, both Ozzy and Rudy witnessed the plane crash first hand as it plunged into the mansion......bullshit......and what date did this happen.....March 20 according to the reporter.....for god sake...the whole thing is a right off....
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

rokket wrote:
shred1 wrote:Misleading? He was there that horrific day. So, whether he witnessed the 'impact' or not is neither here nor there.

It's misleading to people who don't know any different, witnessing the aftermath of a crash is totally different to witnessing it, "neither here nor there" is far from the mark. If I say in regards to a crash, "I didn't hear about it, I witnessed it", then most people would take that as me seeing the crash happen. He was there that horrific day, and I imagine it was a brutal experience too, but if you are going to recall something, recall it factually or not at all....just sounds like he's trying to involve himself more in it than he actually was.......it's BS.

The re-writing history mantra, as you put it, is only getting old, it seems, as it keeps being perpetuated.

Exactly.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

If the plane hit the bus you were on, you were in the accident.
Semantics be damned.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

.just sounds like he's trying to involve himself more in it than he actually was.......it's BS.

Uhmmmm. Bob Daisley anyone?
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:If the plane hit the bus you were on, you were in the accident.
Semantics be damned.
Semantics?.....answer one question for me. Did Rudy witness the plane crash? or did Rudy witness what had happened AFTER the plane crashed? It's a very big difference.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:.just sounds like he's trying to involve himself more in it than he actually was.......it's BS.

Uhmmmm. Bob Daisley anyone?
I was waiting for that, that's hysterical...!!!!!
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

That peice was FULL of mis-information. But Rokket i think you are making more of his words that what they are. He DID NOT say... i saw the whole thing, it did this and that. He never said that. At that point.. he would be blowing smoke.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

axeman_12656 wrote:That peice was FULL of mis-information. But Rokket i think you are making more of his words that what they are. He DID NOT say... i saw the whole thing, it did this and that. He never said that. At that point.. he would be blowing smoke.
Rudy say's of the crash, "I didn't hear about it, I witnessed it" ...his words, not mine. My only point was that to people who are not familar with what happened, they would walk away thinking, "god Rudy saw the crash"..........and thats not the case.

A bit like people who don't know any different when they hear Ozzy saying "yer when me and Randy wrote "Crazy Train', etc..etc...."me and Randy wrote "Suicide Solution about Bon Scott"....etc...etc.....people walk away thinking, "wow Ozzy and Randy wrote all those great songs"....."wow..Ozzy wrote that song about Bon Scott...I never knew that"......

It's misleading.......
Last edited by rokket on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.