New Van Halen

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

New Van Halen

Post by axeman_12656 »

What do yo guys think?

I dig it!! Doesn't sound like what most thought it would, but that doesn't mean It isn't any good.
Classic Alex on the drums.. No one sounds like him. Eddies solo is nice. Has some flash but not over the top. Everyone hates on Wolfie but I think the kid has ability. I watched some video from the Cafe Wha? show in NYC and he can play and does pretty good backup vocals. David Lee Roth is David Lee Roth what can you say. I'm looking forward to the album. 2.7.12

http://vimeo.com/34261064
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: New Van Halen

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I didn't care for it.

Dave sounded like he did on A Little Ain't Enough and everything he did after that: like he's trying to sound like David Lee Roth - in other words, it sounded forced, not natural like he used to.

The song itself was average and the solo was blah... The video? Looked like old men wishing they were still young. Someone has got to tell Ed he looks good with short hair and stupid as an old man with long hair!

I do applaud them for trying new material, and I look forward to hearing the whole record, but this song I did not care for.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Average song imo but I'm very curious about the new album!
From what I heard from the Cafe Wha? youtube clips Wolfie really stands his man there! Even these high pitch background screams from Michael he nails it all. Though I think it's wrong Michael is not there.....

btw I really like the Cover of the new album:

Here big: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 9915_n.jpg

The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I think Wolfie is doing a good job also. Funny thing looking at that pic... since then Wolfie has lost a lot of weighta and i think Eddie found it!! lol Pobably a good sign for both.

I heard a podcast talking about the Cafe Wha? show and the guy on that said that When Alex and Eddies mother died Michael Anthony didn't come to the funeral and that they were really upset about that. I suppose maybe Mike was kind of close to her and they really expected to see him there. Who knows!!
Attachments
van_halen_cafe_wha_2.JPG
610x.jpg
Live Life Stronger Than Death
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I personally like Ed's tone and solo on the new song, I thought his phrasing was just fabulous, really fat guitar tone to, not vintage Marshall but still great. As far as the song itself, is it "old" Van Halen? No, but you shouldn't expect it to be either, I like it okay, Dave is Dave both vocally and lyrically. At least its a good, honest hard rock song with a guitar solo, that's rare these days, I will definately pick up the album (commodores cover and all, lol!!!) Paul, I'm with you on Ed's hair :D
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Then and now ????? i'd rather have the old school VH 1978 1982
Attachments
Van Halen backstage Newcastle city hall.jpg
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Going to so them march 9th in buffalo.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Tattoo sounds exactly like Van Halen in 2012.