New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tedeeoo
Madman

New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Post by tedeeoo »

I listened to this last night and I gotta tell everybody, this album just smokes!!! Really great songs, fabulous guitar playing and great production. How good is it? Well, bear in mind this is just my opinion and I am a major Doug Aldrich fan, but, I am going to see these guys in concert May 20th and if they only performed this album and didn't do anything off of the 87 record,SII, or SOTT, I would be fine with it. It's that good and its good to see a band that was big back in the heydey of hard rock guitar still putting out great new music. Many kudos to David Coverdale and co. on a great release!!!
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
The Flying Dutchman

Re: New Whitesnake cd "Forevermore"

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Heard it is pretty aggressive sounding, gonna check it out!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Also it is out selling Britney Spears new release by 37% at the moment if you check out the Amazon figures.

Oh and the entire album is on youtube for you listening pleasure.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

David Coverdale has such a wonderful voice I would love to see him try something a bit different, maybe like Robert Plant has done for example. I loved the 1987 album and when it came out and bought Saints and Sinners shortly after; which over the years, I think is a much better album. I particularly liked the original Crying In The Rain and Here I Go Again.

This new album to my ears sounds even more glossy and pristine than the Whitesnake I remember from 25 years ago. I don't think it is for me but I did google (on the back of Ted's enthusiasm for him) lots of clips of Doug Aldrich just to get a better view of him and he is amazing at what he does!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Doug is an amazing guitar player but moreso than that he is just a really cool guy. It is rare to see someone in his position take the amount of time with his fans that he does, and he's just always so humble about everything. I am taking my son to see these guys on May 20, in Biloxi and just can't wait. I think the new album is a very good mix of the older bluesy WS and the 87 Sykes WS, and I love where they have put David vocally as I much prefer his low and mid-range vocals. 'Forevermore' to me, is one of the strongest songs they have ever recorded, but then again I am obviously a major Doug Aldrich/Whitesnake fan. I thought his tone on this weeks episode of "That Metal Show" was just killer. Incidentally, one of the amps he used to record this album and really bragged on was a Marshall Randy Rhoads re-issue, as far as I know it was bone stock, not sure which input he used but his tone on this album (and everything else he has played on) is superb.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"