A Tribute to Gary Moore

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

A Tribute to Gary Moore

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hot press, the online news site and also an Irish news site, have both said Gary Moore has passed away while in Spain...

Now the waiting...sometimes rumours are nothing more than hoax's so fingers crossed he is alive.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Alex
Mass Poster

Re: Gary Moore dead?

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Oh no, sorry to tell you but yes according to this guy from the BBC http://twitter.com/#!/BBC_Joe_Lynam and also several other sources, he died in the early hours of this morning in his sleep.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

This one hurts! Only 58... ! I think I'll need to take a bereavement day off from work tomorrow for this one!! :cry:
Ric

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I just found out, my heart missed a beat when i read the words "Gary Moore died this morning". I was just listening to his 'Corridors of Power' album yesterday and i said to myself. What a talented guitarist i'm sure he'll be a big miss on the touring circuit. My prayers go out to his family at this sad time.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I just heard this 10 minutes ago while I was having a shower and I am stunned! I loved Gary's work more than any of those fancy chancers like EVH and the so many to have come through in the past 25 years.
Gary was like Randy humble and decent and he wrote some of the best tunes in rock history.

Such sad sad news, my love to his family and I hope he rests in peace, he was truely great.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

RIP Gary Moore

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Loved his music, I will have a beer and play some of his music.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i cant believe this!!!!58 in his sleep?rip gonna listen to parisian now
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Terrible news. He's up there with RR in my favorite players list. I was just listening to his work last night, then I wake up to discover he's dead. Maybe him and Randy are trading licks right now.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Tito
Mass Poster

TRIBUTE TO A GENIUS! RIP GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tito »

just listen to this mans vibrato!!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FgnFVm ... re=related
Lespauly
Cool Member

Re: RIP Gary Moore

Post by Lespauly »

He was truly one of the greats...One of my top 5 players and was a good singer to me..Rest now brother Gary..
Alex
Mass Poster

Re: TRIBUTE TO A GENIUS! RIP GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Truly one of the guitar world greats-one of my top 5 players and I liked his singing.."Victums of the future" is a guitar showcase. May He rest now......