Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

ACDC VS Van Halen

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

ahhhhhh, those were the days! LOL!!! :lol: I miss 'em.....
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

Very, very cool! Thanks ALOT! :-)

Ivar
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was at this show and it was amazing!!!!!!!! Ozzy was on stage before Van Halen it was August 18th 1984. I have heard Ozzy say that it was his favorite ever gig and he stole the show.
Jake was on guitar and as a treat for us he had added Over the mountain to the set.
I loved that show and can remember every second of it like it was yesterday. 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

I have a great dvd with this footage. There is also a PROSHOT of VH doing Hot for Teacher. I have another dvd that is a complete AUDIENCE shot of Van Halen's set. Trigger is right, great show from 84 MOR.

7. BBC Old Grey Whistle Test – Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock
Fest. Leicestershire, UK 18/8/84 – interview with Dave and Al in hotel
room about gig (also includes interviews with Angus and Brian from
AC/DC) – (A) 6 mins

8. BBC Old Grey Whistle Test – Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock
Fest. Leicestershire, UK 18/8/84 – Hot For Teacher – live – this and no.
7 are straight VHS TV master! - (A) 4 mins

Leicestershire, England 8/18/84 low-gen amateur (OSKY Productions) 1 DVD
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

atomicpunk5151 wrote: Trigger is right, great show from 84 MOR.
I have a full version of the VH on cassete, do you know if a video version of the Ozzy show exists?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
atomicpunk5151

Post by atomicpunk5151 »

Trigger wrote:
I have a full version of the VH on cassete, do you know if a video version of the Ozzy show exists?
Never seen a video on anybodies list for Ozzy 8/18/84. Considering that there are BBC Pro shot clips for VH & AC/DC, plus whole AUD shot sets for VH & AC/DC I would guess that there is probably some Ozzy footage out there, just not released.

BBC also did a radio One special for Ozzy 8/18/84 so there is at least some good audio.

These are the common shows from this era on dvd:
12/18/1983 Dortmund, pro shot Very Good 30 min #262, DVD #7 â
3/18/1984 Salt Lake City,UT, Bark At The Moon Tour, Official American Version, pro shot Excellent 60 min DVD 9 â
4/27/1984 Montreal Forum, Montreal, Quebec Good 65 min #111 â
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

atomicpunk5151 wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Never seen a video on anybodies list for Ozzy 8/18/84. Considering that there are BBC Pro shot clips for VH & AC/DC
I am surprised that it wasn't filmed as Ozzy was presented with a platinum disc at the show by Epic records!

If you have an Ozzy boot list PM me. I would love to see it I am a big time Ozzy collector we might be able to do business.
kh1029

Post by kh1029 »

Awesome, thanks for posting.
jaymz1968

Post by jaymz1968 »

i remeber hearing the show on radio during the three day weekend broadcst-ozzy and jake hammered on that stage-his sound was good =i mean at the time for outside show -two marshall heads =-three cabinets -a couple of rack mounted equipment-some floor pedals and that awesome guitar-the charvel strat model-i have a dvd of him doing paranoid-crowley and crazy train-phenomonal jamming-jake hammers !
hairysox33

Post by hairysox33 »

i have that video... its ok i guess...