Bryan Gregory's Guitar

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Bryan Gregory's Guitar

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I have to admit that when I saw Bryan Gregory's Polka Dot V with Pinstriped pickguard (1976-1980) at RR.tk I shouted "NO WAY!!" That is just too weird. That is what you call synchronicity... :wink:
Attachments
Bryan Gregory.jpg
Jan 1, 1979.jpg
The Cramps Perform At Club 57 (June 18, 1979).jpg
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Bryan Gregory's Guitar

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen that thread over at TK and i was very surprised to see another guitarist with a combination of RR guitar designs in one guitar. I know this was before Randy's PDV was made ?. But the pin stripe scratch plate aswell, a coincidence ????. I know Bo Diddley had a polka dot guitar was it Bo ? i know he was a black guitarist. But i'm sure Randy was going with the image for the Quiet Riot look. How Kevin had his stripey tops and candy cane mic stand. Randy's image was made up of polka dots and bow ties. Which i've always seen as a playboy bunnygirl sort of image, all that was missing wer the ears. LOL!!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Bryan Gregory's Guitar

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Bo Didley wrote:Bo Diddley had a polka dot guitar was it Bo ?
Very close Shaun. It was Buddy Guy. I remember that as well. Polka Dots are a by-product of the immense popularity of Polish polka dancing in the 19th century. There were polka jackets, polka hats, even polka gauze etc...

To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...