Gary Richrath and the Skynyrd Guys...

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Gary Richrath and the Skynyrd Guys...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Gary Richrath is (was?) the guitarist for REO Speedwagon... I was watching a live concert video of REO tonight, and Gary just rocks! He is by no means in the Randy Rhoads league of guitar players, but he's a good, solid rock 'n' roll guy. If I could play at his level I'd be happy.

I've also been listening to a lot of Skynyrd lately. The original stuff, not that reunited crap...

I bought the Skynyrd "Signature Licks" DVD that Hal Leonard just put out featuring Greg Koch and I've gotta say, Allen Collins, Ed King, Gary Rossington and Steve Gaines were some of the baddest players ever, in their day.

Oh, and Greg Koch ain't no slouch, either... :wink:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Didn't he play that wonderful solo in "Don't let him go" ?
He is an excellent guitarplayer and fits perfect in REO Speedwagon.

Also that solo in "Keep on loving you" is great!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Kinda cool to see you younger guys going back to the stuff I used to play in cover bands in the 80's. Yeah Gary Richrath was/is a tasteful rock guitar player...very tasteful solos on many songs. And all the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd rocked! Classic.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

deansolo wrote:Kinda cool to see you younger guys going back to the stuff I used to play in cover bands in the 80's. Yeah Gary Richrath was/is a tasteful rock guitar player...very tasteful solos on many songs. And all the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd rocked! Classic.
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever be called a "younger guy" again... thanks :wink:
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Well, I'd say the median age on these forums is about 24 or so...So yeah, I'd say most of you guys are younger than me! :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

deansolo wrote:Well, I'd say the median age on these forums is about 24 or so...So yeah, I'd say most of you guys are younger than me! :)
I hit the big 40 last month, but I still feel old :D
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Oh wow, we're about the same age then! In September I'll be 44. I don't feel that old. You just gotta keep rockin' man 'cos rock n roll keeps you young! 8)

Dude, all the people I know that are my age who aren't musicians or into rock n roll just seem like old farts...doing time waiting to retire. It's sad really. It wasnt long ago they were into Sabbath and Ozzy....Now they're into Kenny G and smooth jazz. :roll:

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Well guess what......I've got both of you YOUNG PUNKS beat :!: :!: :!: I turned 48 just a few days ago :!: I guess that makes me the SUPREME DINOSAUR of the board :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Xanadu wrote:Well guess what......I've got both of you YOUNG PUNKS beat :!: :!: :!: I turned 48 just a few days ago :!: I guess that makes me the SUPREME DINOSAUR of the board :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :wink:
:D Jurassic Rock! :lol:

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

HEY NOW..........WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Hahaha! I'm right there with ya man! :lol:

www.cats-eyeesp.com