Shouldn't there be a separate topic for Joe Holmes?

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

strat2tele1

Shouldn't there be a separate topic for Joe Holmes?

Post by strat2tele1 »

Love his strats with the floyd
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think that's a good idea!

But then I think we maybe should also add another one for Bernie Torme :

Above pics are from the Bernie Torme website
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Well, I would possibly think about a Joe Holmes section, however Bernie Torme is a little extreme. Bernie only played a couple of shows with Ozzy and there wouldnt be much talk about him. It would be like adding an Alex Skolnick section IMO. however, Trigger is my fellow admin he also a has a voice in it, as do the mods!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Well I thiink Alex Skolnick only played one gig or so with Ozzy so that will be a bit extreme.

But Bernie's playing with Ozzy is very, very Randy related! He even used Randy's pedalboard!

I just saw Trigger's idea in the mod section, maybe it's a good idea to give Joe & Bernie a section together ? :)
They both have in common that they only toured with Ozzy but never made an album with him.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Flying Dutchman wrote:But Bernie's playing with Ozzy is very, very Randy related! He even used Randy's pedalboard!
I never knew this :? . Did he use his amps as well? Is there anything else like this?
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

Yes, he used Randy's amps. The pedal-board thing was only one gig though. His pedalboard were getting sent to him, so he had to use Randy's. I'm not sure if the amps were used by Bernie more than that one gig though... :D He also said that the pedals turned themselves on and off while he was playing. :?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Didn't he also use Randy's guitars for the first show? I swear I read that somewhere, being that his equipment had to come through customs....
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Tommy wrote:Yes, he used Randy's amps. The pedal-board thing was only one gig though. His pedalboard were getting sent to him, so he had to use Randy's. I'm not sure if the amps were used by Bernie more than that one gig though... :D He also said that the pedals turned themselves on and off while he was playing. :?
Maybe the spirit of Randy didn't want him to play his equipment. I personally think it's kind of disrespectful of Bernie doing that but I suppose that's what he had to do.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I don't think i knew that he used some of Randys equiptment.