Orianthi

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Re: Orianthi

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Very nice tone
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Ha I can't believe I missed this thread. I have watched her. I close my eyes and say if this was a dude what would people think. I then I think no one would give a damn. She is really not all that great or inovative. Is she bad? No, she has talent and she can play. Is she a Steve Vai? No. I think I was way more impressed with Chelsea Constable. BTW I am not putting her down. She is a great guitar player. But her music doesn't strike me as anything amazing. Just that she is not a dude but a girl that plays guitar. Which that in and of it's self seems to be a big deal. I guess.

I remember watching a girl play eruption on youtube. It has like 8 million views. It is not even that good of a cover. There was a video ofa 15 year old kid playing it and he was close to spot on as anything I had heard. He only had 1500 views. Everyone saying how good this girl was. She didnt even play most of it right or even close to being right, which is fine. But hey I guess this is a pet peave of mine. I just think people give Orianthi more credit than she deserves or it is possible I am missing something. I have seen about 15 videos of her and just didn't care much if. It all sounded like Santana. Anyway diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
Last edited by dannyahansen on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Alex wrote:I really enjoyed this recent clip with her. Her tone is very reminiscent that of Gary Moore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RUB-cPRuoA
I wonder what people would say if this was a dude playing it?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

dannyahansen wrote:Ha I can't believe I missed this thread. I have watched her. I close my eyes and say if this was a dude what would people think. I then I think no one would give a damn. She is really not all that great or inovative. Is she bad? No, she has talent and she can play. Is she a Steve Vai? No. I think I was way more impressed with Chelsea Constable. BTW I am not putting her down. She is a great guitar player. But her music doesn't strike me as anything amazing. Just that she is not a dude but a girl that plays guitar. Which that in and of it's self seems to be a big deal. I guess.

I remember watching a girl play eruption on youtube. It has like 8 million views. It is not even that good of a cover. There was a video ofa 15 year old kid playing it and he was close to spot on as anything I had heard. He only had 1500 views. Everyone saying how good this girl was. She didnt even play most of it right or even close to being right, which is fine. But hey I guess this is a pet peave of mine. I just think people give Orianthi more credit than she deserves or it is possible I am missing something. I have seen about 15 videos of her and just didn't care much if. It all sounded like Santana. Anyway diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
I agree. People are struck with the novelty of a girl guitarist.

She's pretty good, though.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456