RUSH Documentary !!

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: RUSH Documentary !!

Post by Tito »

i have been listening to fly by night constantly!!theyre video on youtube from 75?during the solo i was able to finally figure out where the hell i can use the mixolydian mode lol!!!!these guys are true geniuses!!!!!!love them mucho!!!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Alright, I've watched this a couple of times since getting it on DVD the day it came out. I really wanted to catch it on the big screen, but was unable.
I though it was great, but short. Because of their amazing friendship with one another, this is a band that is in dire need of the 'Classic Albums' treatment, not just one album, either.
My only complaint is that they spent too little time on albums. I do understand it's a lot of years and albums to cover, though.
Even more great stuff from the vault. It would be ball-tastic if they would release a full length from the Hemispheres tour :mrgreen:
But seriously, these guys have been very generous with the sharing of their historic audio & video. 8)
The dinner at the hunting lodge was beautiful! Those guys were cocked! :lol:
The extras disc had a bunch of cool stuff. The highlight had to be the Canadian Headbanger at the end of the Rush Trekkies segment....you know, the kid who looks like he was at Port Vale thirty years ago?
"Fuckin' Rush is fuckin' awesome, man...I LOVE Rush!"
The kid was just so pumped and so sincere, and I thought it should have been the trailer! :twisted:
If you dig 'em, definitely give this a look. The cats who made this are to the metal community what Tim Burton is to the Goth crowd :D

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

whoopiecat wrote:Alright, I've watched this a couple of times since getting it on DVD the day it came out. I really wanted to catch it on the big screen, but was unable.
I though it was great, but short. Because of their amazing friendship with one another, this is a band that is in dire need of the 'Classic Albums' treatment, not just one album, either.
My only complaint is that they spent too little time on albums. I do understand it's a lot of years and albums to cover, though.
Even more great stuff from the vault. It would be ball-tastic if they would release a full length from the Hemispheres tour :mrgreen:
But seriously, these guys have been very generous with the sharing of their historic audio & video. 8)
The dinner at the hunting lodge was beautiful! Those guys were cocked! :lol:
The extras disc had a bunch of cool stuff. The highlight had to be the Canadian Headbanger at the end of the Rush Trekkies segment....you know, the kid who looks like he was at Port Vale thirty years ago?
"Fuckin' Rush is fuckin' awesome, man...I LOVE Rush!"
The kid was just so pumped and so sincere, and I thought it should have been the trailer! :twisted:
If you dig 'em, definitely give this a look. The cats who made this are to the metal community what Tim Burton is to the Goth crowd :D

T.
Ya Tom I pretty much agree with what you've written , I too bought the dvd the day it came out , and was fully engaged for the 3 1/2 - 4hrs with watching both discs . I thought it was kinda weird how Alex was filmed when he was a teenager talking about school with his parents at the dinner table .

I have my ticket to see them at the Verizon Ampitheater September 29 , they'll be playing "Moving Pictures" in it's entirity and the rest of the set-list looks like a greatest hits package with 26 songs in total !! awesome !!!!
................................................................Image...............................................................................
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Oh man, that's kick-ass you got tickets! There is a small chance I may be going to the Boston show in October...which would be too cool if it works out.
Interesting reaction from Geddy concerning the tragedies that had befallen Neil. Don't know what question the interviewer posed, but Ged was close to pissed while speaking to the notion of playing with anyone else in Rush.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Tom , Here is a documentary to a behind the scenes of a RUSH concert from a technical perspective , it's 6 parts and pretty interesting ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdwOOuqV4xU
................................................................Image...............................................................................
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I think I heard about this...have you seen it yet? I forgot all about it 'til you mentioned it just now.
Thanks Ritchie 8)
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

whoopiecat wrote:I think I heard about this...have you seen it yet? I forgot all about it 'til you mentioned it just now.
Thanks Ritchie 8)
yeh man , I watched it a few weeks ago , was it you I already mentioned it to ? haha I don't remember if I did .. anyhoo , it's real interesting to see the production that goes into something the size of a Rush show .
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Oh, you didn't mention it to me...I had heard/read about it recently. I'll have to check the vid when I get home this evening...my work computer blocks youtube :(