Albert Lee

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Albert Lee

Post by rice_pudding »

I've never listened to Lee before, but i went to see him last weekend and yes, he was good 8)

Just wondered if there are any Albert Lee fans around?

Rob
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Yeah Rob , I've been a fan on & off for many years now , to me he was like a doorway to greater players in that genre .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Albert was a major influence on me when I first picked up the guitar, at that time my sister was a huge Emmylou Harris fan and his solo on "Two More Bottles of Wine" was and still is one of the best solos I've ever heard in my life as far as how it fits that song. That was the first solo I really wanted to learn (well except for Johnny B. Goode). He is a fantastic player and was one of the first guys to really play a hybrid style with the pick and his fingers, guys like Brent Mason and Johnny Hiland as well as peole like Michael Lee Firkins were really influenced by him. Of course, then I heard "Over The Mountain" and saw Jake at the US Festival and that kind of shot the country influence all to hell for a while, lol!!!!
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"