Whats the latest with RJD

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Whats the latest with RJD

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I noticed an advert for a gig in London Victoria park July 2010 and Heaven & Hell are on the bill. So i gather Ronnie is much better, which is very good news. For anyone interested in the gig which has a mixed bag of bands including ZZ Top, ELP, Foreigner ,Gary Moore, Black Label Society. For more info www.highvoltagefestival.com
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Whats the latest with RJD

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just read this over at Rudy Sarzo's facebook this was sent to him by Wendy Dio.

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing good, but he is not dead." Wendy Dio

I thought he was on the mend and was much better. As i mentioned in my previous post about him doing a gig in July . I hope that he pulls through and i pray he does make a full recovery. I'm sure the pint sized Rocker needs our prayers at this moment in time \m/ :( \m/
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

He apparently DID pass away today. :(

A Message From Wendy Dio 5/16/2010 2:51:50 PM
"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

yes has sadly he has left us at just 67xx

Saw him just a couple of years back and he was awesome!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Matt i was lucky to see the man with Sabbath and H&H a pure power house of a singer. He'll be a big miss and my heart goes out to his wife, family and friends...
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

REST IN PEACE RONNIE............

First EP I ever owned was Sabbath with RJD (can't remember which one) at the start of the 80's. Had the DIO albums and he was a force majeur through my growing years. The guy was integral in helping set a standard for vocalists in the rock genre and that should never be forgotten.

What a big loss to the music community.

Keep entertaining them wherever you are man....... :cry:
DethCrew30

Post by DethCrew30 »

Ronnie James will live forever and he will never be forgot. Long Live Rock 'N Roll
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

R.I.P RJD