Late NIght Music

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Late NIght Music

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Working the swing shift and getting home at midnight has lead to quite a bit of late night surfing... tonight I was looking for music on YouTube and found some stuff that brought back memories.

I have often said that Ace Frehley got me interested in guitar and Randy made me want to keep playing, but I must say, my favorite band throughout my teen years was Blue Oyster Cult. Songs like this that were unlike anyone else's songs at the time.

Then I got into stuff like this (one of the greatest metal songs ever AND one of the worst videos!) and this - both local bands from my neighborhood.

Eventually I got into this and this...

And now I'm into this!

See, late nights, Miller Genuine Draft, Jack Daniel's and the flu send me off on tangents!! :D
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Definitely! I was at that Alice show at the Mural Amphitheater in Seattle... seems like a million years ago.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I like to surf Sirius/XM late at night and find things that are outside of my "usual" listening pattern. Those things help keep me fresh as a guitar player by exposing me to different ideas. Alot of times if I go back to older stuff it's old country because that's what I grew up on. Roy Nichols, Albert Lee, Ray Flacke and Reggie Young were some of my favorites and as Jake E. Lee once said " turn up the distortion on a country song and it can get real interesting". I'll listen to alot of jazz and big band to, some of those old horn players could just rip (probably has something to do with my trumpet playing past, lol!).
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"