Speaking of girl guitarists...

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Speaking of girl guitarists...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So after discussing Kelly Johnson in another thread, I thought I'd comment on Heather Williams who I happened across on YouTube. Check this out where she plays the Star Spangled Banner. Not the greatest, but pretty good if you ask me.

So I checked out her site, and it turns out the girl is a HUGE overachiever... XGames, Motocross, music... pretty impressive. If I'd applied myself when I was younger, I could have done so much more, and this young lady makes that evident.

She is apparently wanting to make a record and go on tour and has the guts to ask for help. I have to respect that. Having dreams and actually doing something about them!

This girl is definitely no Nicole (talent-wise or looks-wise), but she's pretty impressive, for an EVH fan - although she might be insane:

tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

My favorite female guitar player is far and away Lori Linstruth (Stream of Passion, Warbride, Guilt Machine), she has such incredible tone and note choice. Her solo on "Here In The Real World" by SOP is just awesome, I can't imagine any one note of that solo played any other way. I also have to give props to Bonnie Raitt, Nancy Wilson and Lita Ford, these 3 women have opened alot of doors for women in rock music and are all great players.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"