Joe 'Skezza' meets the real Captain

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Joe 'Skezza' meets the real Captain

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It was another meet and greet for me and our Cpt of this ship Joe Skezza. We went to the Newcastle City Hall last night to see Motorhead with support from Girlschool and punk legends 'The Damned'. We hung around the stage door and who should come strowling past but the very man himself 'Cpt. Sensible'... I must admit that the guy was very down to earth and some what eccentric but he signed us an autograph each and posed for a couple of photos.
Another classic moment was when Joe mentioned how he had desires for the Girlschool guitarist Jackie Chambers. His dreams turned into nightmares as she climbed out of the tour bus, she looked some what haggered and in dire need of some bottoxs fillers... But i can see his point she does paint shop and air brush very well LOL!!
But we had a good night and Motorhead played a blinding set with some old and new classics. The highlight of the night for me was this total 'jobs worth' bouncer who refused to let anyone past him. So we couldn't get down the front...until this guy decided he would push his luck with this so called 'bull in a passage blocking the entrance'...with one hand this guy smacked him and he went down like a bag of jelly. It was time to make my move..i stepped over the 'felled champion' and got down the front to see Joe who had just sneeked past the guy with a body swerve a few minutes earlier. Happy Days :lol: Party On... Excellent!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

You lucky pair of fuckers! I love Motorhead and in thier day Girlschool were great.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:You lucky pair of fuckers! I love Motorhead and in thier day Girlschool were great.
Well we hit even luckier, Joe managed to blag us 2 tickets from one of Girlschool's crew. I managed to get a couple of Lemmy's guitar picks and a setlist from the gig, Girlschool and The Damned signatures. So it was like a sketch out of 'Mr Ben' we had some momentoes of a great night out. We would of met Motorhead if Joe could remember his name...He was caught in the headlights like a cat in the dark. Whats your name ? Who got you in ? EEEEeeeerrrr!!!!.. But thats another story.. Are they not playing down your way Ian i'm sure they are at Manchester tonight and then heading south.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

double post X2
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I saw Girlschool in '82... the late Kelly Johnson was bad ass! As I've mentioned in another thread, Lemmy had nothing but praise for the woman:
Lemmy wrote:I got them on the tour in the first place and everybody else went like "ugh, girls" and I said 'fuck you, they're as good as you." Kelly Johnson, on a good day, is as good as Jeff Beck in his rock'n'roll days. She's a fucking brilliant guitar-player.
Considering that Lemmy knew Randy, I'd say his opinin of a guitar player has some credit.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Paul that quote was from Lemmy's book 'White Line Fever' which is a great read. Kelly Johnson was in a field on her own during the 80's NWOBHM scene. All girl bands did get the 'Not as good as' Vote. But they are still doing it and a few of the original members are still in the band. They are a great bunch of lasses and i hope they carry on playing. Kelly would be proud of them. :wink:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

When I saw them, they opened for Maiden (touring in support of Number of the Beast) AND Scorpions (touring in support of Blackout - two of the '80's best live bands in their prime. They held their own, which impressed me a bunch. They were touring in support of their Screaming Blue Murder record, which to this day is one of my favorite records from the early '80's.

I've got a few Girlschool CDs, but I hadn't realized they were still at it... I'll have to check them out again.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Awesome pictures of the terrible twins :D

Hmmm the old airbrushing does lead to some disappointments here and there LOL.

Joe,
I saw Girlschool supporting Dio. They all had so much energy and put on a great show. I used to have a 10 inch called the Valentines Day Massacre.

Cheers

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Matt that'd be a scary sight , you runnin' around with your 10 incher in your hand that you call the " Valentines Day Massacre " LMAO !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Ritchie wrote:Matt that'd be a scary sight , you runnin' around with your 10 incher in your hand that you call the " Valentines Day Massacre " LMAO !
please don't judge too harshly, it was 0 degrees fahrenheit. The old chap was in his balaclava :wink: :D

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Ahhhhhh well that explains those faces you call the Lady Killer , you just whip out your chopper and let the massacre begin huh ..
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

How vulgar! I really believe I am becoming quiet Victorian!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Trigger wrote:How vulgar! I really believe I am becoming quiet Victorian!
and Matt's quite victorious :P
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I saw Girlschool in '82... the late Kelly Johnson was bad ass! As I've mentioned in another thread, Lemmy had nothing but praise for the woman:
Lemmy wrote:I got them on the tour in the first place and everybody else went like "ugh, girls" and I said 'fuck you, they're as good as you." Kelly Johnson, on a good day, is as good as Jeff Beck in his rock'n'roll days. She's a fucking brilliant guitar-player.
Considering that Lemmy knew Randy, I'd say his opinin of a guitar player has some credit.
LOL, I can understand why Lemmy likes Girlschool...cause they sound like Motorhead! :lol:

But really, Kelly was a great guitar player. RIP.