Michael Schenker in top form

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ritchie
Mass Poster

Michael Schenker in top form

Post by Ritchie »

Here's a recent clip of Micheal from last month .. it's great to see him back to form and on top of his game .... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgdutLwjTb0
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Better than the last time I saw him. Still nowhere near his eighties level.
Somebody should hook him up with an old 50W NMV Marshall head again, his sound is too 'preampy' now. I wonder if he ever listens to his old live recordings? Nice to hear he is working with Gary again, to me that's the MSG singer!
Thnx for sharing! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Well he's probably drowned most of his brain cells since the '80s .. i'm sure that would effect his playing today .. but it's great to see him now and seemingly having his act together as compared to a couple years ago when he was just a alcoholic waste of time .

But I do like the tone he has in the clip even if it does sound ' premampy ' compared to half the kids out there these days his tone kicks ass .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Michael Schenker was hardly an 'alcoholic waste of time' at any point in his life. After all the bullshit his wife put him through and then his manager, I can't blame him for drinking. When everything you've ever worked for and created is stolen from you, depression is bound to set in. The man had to sell his guitars to pay his rent!

Schenker's tone has always been so unique. It's good to see he's still going...
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

He was a waste of time for the punters that went to the " Blues & Custom show " a couple years ago , the man could'nt even stand up let alone play guitar !!
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

If that was'nt a waste of time for the audience at that show pual , what was it then ? , I am fully aware of what MS has been through and I have sympathy for him .. unfortunately MS is his own worst enemy when it comes to the demon alcohol and like many other people who hit the bottle , the worst decisions are made when under the influence .
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ritchie wrote:If that was'nt a waste of time for the audience at that show Paul , what was it then ?
So rather than feel bad for Schenker that he got to that point in his life, you'd rather talk smack about someone who was suffering from an addiction?

That's where you and I differ, Ritchie. I've been through hell and emerged on the other side, so I have empathy for people going through difficult times. You seem as though you'd rather talk shit about them and worry about how you were negatively affected by their actions.

To each his own, Ritchie. I'm sorry you spent the money on a show and Schenker didn't deliver. That hardly makes him a waste of a life.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Okay let me explain a couple things , first of all i never said he was a waste of a life , plain and simple i never said that ok . Second i said i have sympathy for him .. but he IS his own worst enemy when it comes to drinking . Third , I love MS's playing , i grew up listening and learning from him and i'm a fan of MS any of the other members of the forum would already know this simply becuase i made this thead about how it was great to see him kicking ass again .. sorry you did'nt pick up on that .

But please do me one , just one little favor pual .. if you want to pick a fight and argue with me and be a pain in the ass please use FACTS and read what i have written ok ? otherwise you really do look like a moron when you don't ...
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I'd just like to add that I was'nt at the 'Blues & Custom Show' becuase that was in the U.K and I am in the U.S ..that's 8 letters of the alphabet and 4218 miles away , but of course you knew this did'nt you pual being a fan and everything .

For those who did'nt see this ( pual , heads up ! ) ... MS's performance at the above mentioned show :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmo_ePVGGI
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ritchie wrote:Okay let me explain a couple things , first of all i never said he was a waste of a life , plain and simple i never said that ok .
I apologize, I meant to write 'waste of time'. My kids were chattering as I was typing and I made an error. For that I apologize.
Ritchie wrote:But please do me one , just one little favor pual .. if you want to pick a fight and argue with me and be a pain in the ass please use FACTS and read what i have written ok ? otherwise you really do look like a moron when you don't ...
I have no intention of 'picking a fight' with you. I don't even know you, Ritchie. I made a simple error. Shit happens.

I stand by everything else I said, other than the error mentioned.
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

LMAO, you two!

I am quite a new Michael fan. I only heard him properly several months back for the first time. I think I had heard him by accident, as in not knowing it was him playing. But thanks to the internet and friends I am a growing fan of his.

I like the way that like Randy, he makes use of the guitar in a way that doesn't resort to tapping, string skipping and many of the other techniques so over used today. It is just good old great traditional playing and very exciting because the imagination in it is maximised to my ear, because he is confined more if that makes sense? :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Matt, you may like this performance.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
I stand by everything else I said, other than the error mentioned.

Hahaha you're a fuckin' clown Wolfee ..
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Matt, you may like this performance.
ha ha that is really good!

As Suzie said, it is really like an Irish folk song

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Just stumbed on this clip I hadn't seen before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEyvrZfHoZQ

Check out the solo, that's Michael Schenker! 8)

Another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZ89G6z ... re=related
Hence the amount of feel he puts into his solos.....
Randy listened very well to him. (I dare to say that!)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.