Metallica

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Metallica

Post by Fozzy41 »

Saw Metallica in Sheffield last night. What an amazing concert!
Fantastic, this band put a lot of other bands to shame when it comes to putting on a show.
It was In the Round so everyone had a good view, I was crushd up against the barrier but to truly apreciate the stage show I suppose the best place to be was up in the seats, but what the 'eck, I find it hard to sit down at a metal gig.
Everything about last nights gig was ace, the set-list, the stage-set, the lighting, the enthusiasm from the band and crowd alike, just brilliant.
I personally love their new albun, Death Magnetic, so the fact they played five songs off it I thought was great.
But they also played loads of older classics, Battery, Sad But True, Master of Puppets, Unforgiven, One, Seek and Destroy, Enter Sandman and even Ride the Lightning, also a great cover of Diamond Heads Am I Evil.
Talking to some lads in the pub afterwards who have been to other UK dates and apparently their rotating the set-list around each night, so the die hards who follow 'em won't see the same show twice, I wish more bands would do this.
Overall, an amazing night, one of the best gigs I've been to in a long while.
A great night.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sounds like a great time Gaz, so i gather the round stage will be at all the venues ?.The last time i seen Metallica was in 1986 just before Cliff died. I'm hopefully going to blag meself into to the Newcastle gig with fellow UR brain child LOL!! Joe. If we don't get in we'll just go on the lash instead. I'm thinking about going to the hotel after the show and meeting the band we'll see eh! ..Did you get any photos Gaz ? I was reading some reviews on a Metallica forum and one guy mentioned this...
" I'm not going to ruin it for you, all im going to say is. Last song, Heads up, Grab what you can or someone else will. When you first walk into the arena, just look up. " Do they dump aload of gear onto the crowd ?
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Here's a few pics. I took loads but most of 'em are blurred, but these are pretty good.
Shaun, I presume the guy on the forum was on about what they release from the lighting rig, don't get too excited its only balloons, during the last song of the encore, they release loads of black Metallica balloons, big fucka's they are, like massive bouncing balls, hundreds of 'em, a bit cheesy I suppose, you'd expect this at a Take That concert, not Metallica, but eh, its a good laugh. Oh and loads of plectrums are thrown out into the crowd, loads of 'em, but I got none, what a bastard.
Attachments
023.JPG
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heres another
Attachments
Metallica Sheffield Arena.JPG
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

This one's probably my favourite.
James Hetfield came over to our side of the stage quite a lot, I must have took tons of pics of him just like this one but most of are just a blur, thankfully I managed to keep myself perfectly still for a split second, and luckily this one turned out great.
Attachments
Metallica. Sheffield Arena.JPG
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Thank you and goodnight
Attachments
029.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A few photos from the Newcastle gig, i'll give you a review of the days events. Including Joe's (skezza) appetite for Newcastle Toon Broon & Snakebite :wink: :lol:
Attachments
100_0524.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Joe with his Uni buddies he told me their names but... it's a bit of a blur Sorry :(
Attachments
100_0477.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Get your your hands \m/ in the air..
Attachments
100_0507.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Rob Trujillo on bass
Attachments
100_0499.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

HIT the Lights
Attachments
100_0509.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Death Magnetic Coffins
Attachments
100_0505.jpg
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

If only they did hit the lights aye!! :P Cheers for a good night. Lets not speak of the continual drinking :D
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Setlist:
That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Harvester Of Sorrow
No Remorse
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
No Leaf Clover
The Judas Kiss
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Encore:
Killing Time (Sweet Savage cover)
Whiplash (I ended up flat on my arse at this point) this old Rocker took at tumble :shock:
Seek & Destroy
Attachments
100_0513.jpg
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I was gutted they didnt do Battery, For Whom the Bell Tolls etc