randy chambers

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

randy chambers

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

This is a friend of Halorising. He is amazing.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, he is pretty gnarly. :) One of the best RR tribute guitarists out there...definitely has the whole package: the looks, the moves, the shredding capabilities, very cool indeed.
rreza

Post by rreza »

He's okay; he plays the notes but doesn't have the feel or play 'em the way Randy played them. I wouldn't say f**king amazing.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

R .Chambers and co seem a nice bunch and don't take them selves too seriously and do a good job too in my opnion.

Randy Chambers like Nicole says has the whole package.

I do have a problem usually with tribute bands, Elvis impersonators, look aiikes of stars etc.
There are many whose entire artistic existennce relies upon the person they pay tribute to.

The best way to be like Randy is to not be like him and follow your own way IMHO :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rreza

Post by rreza »

Cpt Matt Sparrow - I agree 100000% with your last comment - 'The best way to be like Randy is to not be like him and follow your own way.' Randy always taught his students to create their own identity.

There is absolutely nothing wrong paying tribute to someone. I was commenting more on the playing; having listened to and played to Randy literally everyday for the greater part of 10 years. But I also see that paying tribute to someone doesn't mean you have to cop every nuance to the tee.

Great chatting with you man.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I suppose the problem with us Randy fans is that our ears are so tuned to every nuance; to hear it done even 99.9999 perfect, our sub conscious still whispers "COUNTERFEIT!" (even when we try and close our eyes and pretend everything is okay and it is the real Randy LOL)

I agree, nothing beats the real Randy so may as well be completely different!!

Matt
Last edited by Cpt Matt Sparrow on Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'm with Matt as far as Tribute bands are concerned. I don't really listen to a lot of them for reasons that Matt's already touched on (there's only 1 Randy, why listen to someone else play/look like/move like Randy? Just go for the real thing!)
But credit is due to RC...he's a great guitar player and his dedication to RR shows. :) I don't like that band's Ozzy incidentally. I have actually never liked ANY band's Ozzy. It seems that most Ozzy impersonators came out after the Osbournes TV show rather than before. The Ozzy in these bands is oafish and really hard to watch...like the SNL version of Ozzy. I don't think real Ozzy is like that for the most part and I think "tribute" Ozzy's are not tributes at all. That's a whole 'nother thread though. :lol:

EDIT:
A few notes on that video...man, they gotta ease up on those cheese-tastic 70s/80s television effects with all the blue cascades, etc. :lol:
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I think he did an awesome job!! Great player!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Chambers is great. Not only as a player but, as a human being as well. The best Ozzy impersonater...if you call it...I would say is the guy from Sabbra Cadabra. He sounds great as Ozzy in his early Sabbath years!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qnGu25dFws
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

These both are great fun!
Mr Crowley-On The Rhoads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aaKgFSoGyA

Rhoads To Ozz
Children Of The Grave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcm-82vOdc

One thing I think RC captures so well of RR is his vibrato. I have seen many RR performers use the modern type, where they start slow and accelerate into a wide vibrato. This doesn't suit the style to my ears. Randy Chambers nails the proper RR vibrato very close indeed.

Matt
((CHAMBERS))

Post by ((CHAMBERS)) »

rreeza, I think that it sucks that you reopened an old thread to criticize me then use Randy`s belief about finding your own style or own musical path and apply it to my RR tribute.
Last edited by ((CHAMBERS)) on Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

I would like to see a video from rreza playing randy's riffs for us to critique,my tributes are out there for all to see and so are chambers .I love playing/paying tribute to RR's music and enjoy chamers tribute as well, doesn't make me a lesser player does it?
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

JAY wrote:I would like to see a video from rreza playing randy's riffs for us to critique,my tributes are out there for all to see and so are chambers .I love playing/paying tribute to RR's music and enjoy chamers tribute as well, doesn't make me a lesser player does it?
Hi Jay

Can you pm your youtube address? I would like to become friends on youtube :)
I hate to say it but most critics in music magazines don't usually play. They just criticise LOL.

I have heard of musicians hunting down their critics. Vanessa May after being slated by a critic hired a detective to find out about her critics musical life and published it as revenge!!

Matt
rreza

Post by rreza »

Here's my statement - "He's okay; he plays the notes but doesn't have the feel or play 'em the way Randy played them. I wouldn't say f**king amazing." - rreza
Sorry if I came off like I was putting Randy Chambers down - I wasn't. I think you're a great guitar player Randy - I really do. Sorry you took it as putting you down. I was just expressing my personal opinion as everyone else does on these forums. This is what being in a country like the USA is all about - you can express your opinion and people accept it. They don't have to agree with it. I don't agree with alot of opinions on these forums but I respect people's opinions and they're right to say what they feel.