New Metallica Leaked

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DayNah
Cool Member

New Metallica Leaked

Post by DayNah »

Well I must say I haven't liked anything these guys have put out since the Black Album, but the new one is pretty damn good(after 3 listens).....

Sounds like if there was an album between Justice and The Black album.......
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Yup, they keep saying they are going to sound/play like the good old days.
I saw them play Cyanide live, front row. It was great but the main thing I remember about it was that Robert played an awesome riff; a bit like he starts in No More Tears
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Stewie wrote:Yup, they keep saying they are going to sound/play like the good old days.
I saw them play Cyanide live, front row. It was great but the main thing I remember about it was that Robert played an awesome riff; a bit like he starts in No More Tears
To me Cyanide is one of the worst songs on the record....I like the whole thing minus Unforgiven III, The Day That Never COmes and Cyanide....But again, those 3 are better than most stuff they released in 18 years so....
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Ill have a listen, not expecting much.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have always struggled to enjoy Metalica they always seemed less talented than Ozzy and his bands. For me they always sounded so samey and the drumming was less than inspiring but I will lesten to anything new they do and hope to enjoy it.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I have heard The Day that Never Comes, Cyanide and the other one I can't think of right now.
All of them sound terribly banal and uninspiring. I imagine they please the grunting metal head though. I will pass on the album like the last 4 they have released.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

i'm really digging the day that never comes. a whole lot. mostly the jam during the last half
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

and i'm now also in love with the piano intro to the unforgiven III
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

They are coming to N.O. in November with Down. I might go and check them out.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:All of them sound terribly banal and uninspiring.
That's 'cause the boys don't have enough Skynyrd in their diets, Nic... simple as that. :wink:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I actually thought Hetfiled was a big Skynfan!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Really looking forward to getting Death Magnetic, can't wait.
Been a Metallica fan since first hearing Master of Puppets in'87 and pretty much enjoy most of their stuff,even the Load sessions had their moments. St Anger was a bit of a dissapointment apart from Frantic which I love. Seen 'em live numerous times and they always put in a great performance.
After hearing all the biuld up and hype about the new record I just hope it lives up to my expectations. I've deliberatley tried to avoid listening to any leaked tracks so I can just listen to the album totally fresh and new.
Hope they tour here next year.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

All I want to know is if Rick Rubin was able to get these guys focused on writing some good solid songs with PRE-Black album types of hooks. That's what I liked about Metallica all the way through the album AJFA and a couple of songs on the Black album were the groove based hooks to their riffs. After Black they literally turned to shit.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Bought the album! Woohoow. I was a bit surprised that there were 2 versions of the album: 1 of €14,90 and one of €21,99. The 21-version just had a 'different' album cover.

I bought the less expensive one, €6 for a nicer looking front thats just between other albums on my shelve is not worth it.

Or was it?