Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

C'mon Matt, you're the best!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paul Wolfe wrote:C'mon Matt, you're the best!!
If I was a gay man...

Mattxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Logan
Cool Member

Post by Logan »

YOu're not!? Oh Damn! :D
"...But these go to 11..."
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

haha, good one

same here, "IF" and even "IF",

And when i am asked i tell them i am a virgin., so i dont hurt there feelings.

there is no such thing as BEST, i never even use the expression BEST FREIND, i say a close or closest friend, you all must remember hearing your closest friend say someone else is there new best friend when you where a kid its evil and a way to hurt other's feelings for nothing.

Some people are like good guitar players, but there style may not be your taste, yet they think they are better then you, this is a sign that they are not growing beyond what you see., they found what they wanted, to play fast or whatever.

Everyone is different i say, try to focus on the things you like and ignore the things you do not like, you never know you may like them later anyway.

BTW, i m talking about music or musicians Matt, not sexual preferences ;)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

My nan used to hold her arms out for me to cuddle her and say "owww your my second favourite grand son"

I used to joke and say. It is a shame I am not first but imagine how grand child number seven felt at the bottom of my nan's league table LOL

Luckily I was old enough to see the funny side. A young child could have been devastated!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

You know that saying, a man's best friend is a dog!

Have you ever seen the stickers on the Malmsteen Rising Force record covers back in the 80s, little yellow round stickers that said "BEST GUITARISTS IN THE WORLD" in old english fonts, i was working at Tower Records at the time and he wanted to do a in store to sign autographs after been up all night but at the last second decided to do it in Long Island instead of NY becuase Blackmore lived there, what was he thinking he said after loosing sleep, so i went all the way to long island and before i got to the store area i noticed a upset fan with his autographed record saying he found him to be a very interesting dude (in probably 30 seconds of meeting him), and i asked him what you think about the little sticker and he said no need for the sticker to tell you he is the best, JUST ASK HIM YOURSELF, he will tell you straight away., i cracked up, for a moment i thought he was gonna say just listen to him yourself., Then i watched Yngwie for a few minutes here and there for a few hours with the sun glasses on singing a girls guitar, some guys forehead, a girls tummy, everyone had fun and not a word from him, poor guy never did anything nasty to anyone, people just seemed to make it all up., the stickers where someone's idea to market the record etc.

Remember the "BEST NEW GUITARISTS" award, was not important that it said best but that people where on to him and only made him stronger, i am sure EVH was hurt been a 5 year champions, not that Eddie felt Randy did not deserve it but that some of the reasons where that Randy did a few of the similar flashy tricks and felt he made a name on them., at least Randy was honest about it, even Eddie said that he was the only honest one and very good, the rest out there pretended they came up with everything.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Paul

This is a great clip.

I had a great time rceently watching the music section of the movie Rainbow Bridge. Jimi is just playing to several hundred people but what i wouldn't have given to be there.

Matt
The_Scratch

Re: Tired of people saying that Hendrix was the best

Post by The_Scratch »

The BEST.
A relative term that is solely based on an individuals opinion and preferances.

I use the term THE GREATEST to describe Hendrix.
Becuase he is.
No single guitarist in the history of the instrument (or any other instrument for that matter) had as massive an impact on the way it was played, seen, used and thought of.
JIMI changed everything.
He is to guitar what Mozart is to classical... what Ford is to industry... what Steve Jobs is to home computers... what Sir Isaac newton is to physics.... what the Beatles are to Pop... what fruit of the loom is to underwear.
It's like changing the direction of history.

But he's not THE BEST... because it's virtually impossible to prove the best at anything.

Nobody... no musician or guitarist or anyone involved in performance music was left untouched by Hendrix' legacy.
He was truly the first to take the emotion and feeling of a musician expressing himself and present that as the performance.
Whether you look at Elvis, Buddy Holly, The Beatles, Chuck Berry, The Who or anyone else preceeding him, their stage presence was very structured, thought out and created. It wasn't an orgasmic delight of raw emotion... nobody did this prior to Hendrix.
Watching him was shocking... it was like seeing a man screaming in agony, ejaculating through his guitar... raging at the establishment.... crying for a woman... and tenderly embracing a child all at once. It was primal, sexual and purely responsive.
The music and the performance where so captivating that it was impossible to ignore.

Music would never be the same.

You know. It's one of the reasons Randy is so captivating.
You felt what he played... you saw how he expressed it.
He embodied the instrument.... very few guitarists can do that.
Hendrix... Rhoads... Vaughan... theres no gimmick there.
No staged presentation of posing like a guitarist.
It's just how they express themselves through the instrument.
You become mesmerized by the show of virtuosity.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Tired of people saying that Hendrix was the best

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well said.