MIichael Schenker Himself !

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

MIichael Schenker Himself !

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Schenker is one of the best guitarists who ever played the instrument, he should get more respect and more coverage...
The Flying Dutchman

RockyRhoads wrote:Schenker is one of the best guitarists who ever played the instrument, he should get more respect and more coverage...
So true! Gonna see him again in May. Saw him a few years back with UFO as well. One of the best indeed! 8)

Interesting fact is that Kelly Garni (Randy's childhood friend) once said that Randy choosing to build the Polka Dot V had more to do with Michael Schenker then anything else. :wink:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Interesting fact is that Kelly Garni (Randy's childhood friend) once said that Randy choosing to build the Polka Dot V had more to do with Michael Schenker then anything else. :wink:
I thought he had one built 'cause he liked the one George Lynch had :!:
The Flying Dutchman

Stiltzkin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:Interesting fact is that Kelly Garni (Randy's childhood friend) once said that Randy choosing to build the Polka Dot V had more to do with Michael Schenker then anything else. :wink:
I thought he had one built 'cause he liked the one George Lynch had :!:
The Polka Dot V had a Danelectro Neck, because Randy liked the feel of that neck on George's guitar, but it was only about the neck if I remember correctly, I have never seen George with a Fying V guitar.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I have never seen George with a Flying V either :shock:

I even e-mailed Sandoval to hear if he had any pictures of it,
but he hadn't. I have googled, I don't know how much, for
pictures but always came up with nothing.

Georges V is supposed to have a tigerstripe finish,
like on his tiger-strat :!: (which was built by George and Sandoval ;))

Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I quite like that Tiger-strat, looks cool.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Evryone should read this interview with Michael Schenker - guitarists and non-guitarists alike. Those of you who live with your parents should print it out and have them read it.

Michael Schenker is a decent role model, a great guitar player and a blessed human being.

The Flying Dutchman

RockyRhoads wrote:Evryone should read this interview with Michael Schenker - guitarists and non-guitarists alike. Those of you who live with your parents should print it out and have them read it.

Michael Schenker is a decent role model, a great guitar player and a blessed human being.

Great interview! Thnx! :D

Always thinking that if Michael had left us in '82 I would probably be joining a Michael board now!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Always thinking that if Michael had left us in '82 I would probably be joining a Michael board now!

I emailed him a few nights ago, a "thanks for the music" email, didn't think much of it afterwards. I was just up late and wanted to say thanks while listening to MSG... the next day I received an email from Michael himself. He really does read his emails and responds! I was amazed...
The Flying Dutchman

RockyRhoads wrote: I emailed him a few nights ago, a "thanks for the music" email, didn't think much of it afterwards. I was just up late and wanted to say thanks while listening to MSG... the next day I received an email from Michael himself. He really does read his emails and responds! I was amazed...
Shows again what great guy he is! :D
He really runs that website himself! That's pretty rare I guess.

Within 6 weeks I gonna see him play here again. Of course I give him an handshake at the end of the concert. :wink: