Van Halen.......minus one!!!

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

Van Halen.......minus one!!!

Post by Xanadu »

Greetings to everyone. I am curious as to opinions regarding the recently announced Van Halen "reunion" tour. I am glad to see it happening but am very disappointed that Micheal Anthony will not be involved. According to several sources, he was not asked/invited to be a part of it. :roll: To me, this is absurd. His chops and ESPECIALLY his vocals are so essential to the band's sound. The idea of his absence really dulls down my interest where a reunion of the original 4 would have been a "must see". Again, my best to all and I look forward to any opinions regarding this tour.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's not a reunion, it's a Van Halen IV tour... without Mike, it's not really Van Halen.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I'm going to go see it, but I agree they should have Michael Anthony there....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'll go if the price isn't too outrageous...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey X,

Check out http://ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?p=15677#15677
Touring without Michael is ridiculous.........
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Hey X,

Check out http://ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?p=15677#15677
Touring without Michael is ridiculous.........
Its Not Van Halen without Michael :D

And its nice to see you again X, I hope all is well with you :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

its nice to see the old bands return to kick some ass but im not too bothered... maybe if they play at a big festival i'll go see them
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Great responses! I am in agreement with all.....it's not VH without Anthony. As I am sure that EVH is calling ALL of the shots, I find it hard to believe that he would water down the band's effort to re-establish itself when a little maturity on his part could really make a difference in the success of the tour. Whatever..... :?
It looks like a bit of sobriety would help him see through his pettiness...evidently it hasn't and he and the fans will have to suffer for it. I can't begin to imagine Wolfgang Van Halen bringing the intesity and prowess to the stage that Micheal Anthony so surely would have. Ahh well..... :roll:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Dutch.....Thanks for the link to that interview! :wink:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Xanadu wrote:Dutch.....Thanks for the link to that interview! :wink:
You're welcome Rick! Like Trig said, good to see you back here! :wink:

I think Michael takes it all very well, and to me he comes over as the moral winner in that interview. Michael is not the problem. Lets hope Ed will see the light in time.....