Rudy Sarzo

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Rudy Sarzo

Post by mojopin70 »

Ive just seen this on you tube its Quiet Riot II

Ive never heard this album anyway the band photo has Rudy Sarzo in it,and i thought thats strange , he didnt record until 83 with Quiet Riot?

Then i read this in the description :Quiet Riot II is the second studio album by heavy metal band Quiet Riot. As with their first album, it was a Japan-only release. Although Rudy Sarzo is pictured and credited, the recordings were made while bassist Kelly Garni was still in the band.

How many times has Rudy Sarzo been photographed on an album sleeve without having played a fucking single note ?

I can think of two more records Diary of a Madman and Whitesnake 87.......

In Bobs book he says when he met Sarzo a fan came up and congratulated him ( Sarzo)on his bass playing on Diary of a Madman with Bob sat by him! and he shook the kids hand in return.

If that were me i wouldve said he didnt actually play fuck all on it it was ME!

Theres something odd about Sarzo happily going along with all his photos and credits on albums he never recorded.....

Honestly who would love to see the correct line up on the Diary of a Madman album sleeve? it just seems wrong......
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Rudy Sarzo

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Rudy freely admits to the fact that he didn't play on these records. He is basically a hired gun bassist except for his second stint with Quiet Riot.

He's the Charlie Whitehurst of heavy metal :)
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Rudy freely admits to the fact that he didn't play on these records. He is basically a hired gun bassist except for his second stint with Quiet Riot.

He's the Charlie Whitehurst of heavy metal :)

Lol.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I think Rudy played on some of Metal Health. I know he said that Kevin called him to play on Thunderbird on the DVD. I did hear that he didn't play on one or both of the big hits. COFTN or MH.
On QR II, Randy played the bass on the remaining tracks but yep, Rudy is on the cover!