Keyboard players John Sinclair-Kevin Jones

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Keyboard players John Sinclair-Kevin Jones

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just getting a tour itinerary from the 1992 Theatre of Madness tour and it mentions a Kevin jones as the keyboard player for this European tour.I always thought that John sinclair played on this tour ? as he is featured in the programme ? I have emailed John and asked him if he could shine some light on this... :idea: Does anyone know anything about Kevin jones ? I did a search on John and i found this interesting article
http://wiredinitiative.com/pdf/John%20Sinclair.pdf
Check it out...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Sinclair temporarily left the band to play for The Cult on their Sonic Temple arena shows... but the Osbournes were ok with him going and he did of course re-join ozzy when he came out of retirement.

i dont really know the reason he left i think it was because the band were camped in the studio and didn't need john at the time so he played elsewhere...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

just read that article, very interesting, im glad that he quit music rather than being kicked out, although its a shame to see him go... he's briefly on the special features of ozzys budokan dvd he seems to be a great guy.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Rice Pudding i don't think ive had the pleasure of chatting to you so i'll say hello mate.Have you heard of Kevin Jones ? as ive done a search on him and its came back blank !!!!!!!..He must be from the session musician stable as i couldn't see Ozzy giving the gig to anyone.Unless John Sinclair recommended him ?
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Rice Pudding i don't think ive had the pleasure of chatting to you so i'll say hello mate.Have you heard of Kevin Jones ? as ive done a search on him and its came back blank !!!!!!!..He must be from the session musician stable as i couldn't see Ozzy giving the gig to anyone.Unless John Sinclair recommended him ?
well good day to you too sir! :D

afraid i have no idea about Kevin Jones , your probably right about the session musican thing.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

this is the reply from John Sinclair:
This has caused
confusion in the past... I joined up with Ozzy in 1986
on the Ultimate Sin tour {the album was already
recorded} and continued until around 1990. As far as I
knew Ozzy was not particularly active so with Sharon's
go ahead I teamed up with the Cult and did the Sonic
Temple and Ceremony tours. During that time Ozzy DID
tour and as I was already committed to the Cult, Kevin
Jones was recommended by the late Randy Castillo. Not
certain of exact dates as it was a hazy period of my
life {if you get my drift}. So the tours would have
been {at least} "no more tours" tour {NMT was an album
I did play on} and "theatre of madness".
Hope that helps and all the best to you, John
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

interesting reply, i imagine Kevin Jones must have played with Randy in the past then...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Its good to see John is giving something back to society, he has had alot of luck in his life, so doing this is great :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
djsmps

Re: Keyboard players John Sinclair-Kevin Jones

Post by djsmps »

This is an old thread. Kevin Jones and Randy Castillo used to play in a really good band (that never made it) called the Wumblies. They played the midwest and mountain states. Kevin later played with Zak Wylde and through his association with Randy got the Ozzy gig. I knew both of them, as I used to play the same circuit as the Wumbies. They were both good players and nice guys.