Ace Frehley

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Ace Frehley

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Went to see Ace at a small theatre on Saturday night... 30 years ago I used to go to the Neptune theatre by the University of Washington to see movies - saw Mad Max and The Road Warrior there... saw Rocky Horror Picture Show there countless times - had no idea they were doing concerts there now...

Funny thing is that when I walked through the front doors it looked exactly like it did 30 years ago! Thirty years ago it was run down and in need of a lot of TLC... it looked like it had the same stains on the carpet from when I'd spill my pop at the movies.

Anyway... Enuff Znuff opened and SUCKED as bad as they did in the 80s... Ace and his band were loud as hell!! Not much movement on stage from Ace, but he can wail on the guitar. The sold out crowd sang every word of every song... my 15-year-old was by far the youngest person there - by 40 years... LOTS of old timers like me just enjoying a night of LOUD rock 'n' roll.

It was nice to be in a small venue to see a good band again...

http://www.youtube.com/XjP0en9uQDk
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Re: Ace Frehley

Post by stress2stress2 »

Not great any anything specific, but Ace is an uncompromising real rock star, like Keith Richards and Hendrix. An undeniable critical influence to thousands of respected artists. I would not want to have to rely on him for anything, but he is the authentic item. Paul & Gene deserve purple hearts for dealing with him for all those years. My personal favorite member of Kiss....and I'm a drummer. I'm so relieved that he's sober...for now. God bless Paul Ace Frehley. What a beautiful mess.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Ace Frehley

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Well said.