I am starting Guitar Lessons Again!!

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

delve

Post by delve »

Preach on brother. Thats a huge part of it, i mean how many people out there can play parts/songs of Randy but they often lack the phrasing he had. Its not just about speed and playing cleanly, but to me its more about the emotion conjured up by plucking and fretting notes.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

delve wrote:Preach on brother. Thats a huge part of it, i mean how many people out there can play parts/songs of Randy but they often lack the phrasing he had. Its not just about speed and playing cleanly, but to me its more about the emotion conjured up by plucking and fretting notes.
yep, i learnt to play randy material long ago, but im still perfecting it to this day.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Great points Wayne and Rob. When I think about there are also some pieces that I play on Classical Guitar that I have played for 17 years but I am constantly in a state of evolution over :)

Every time I record them they are never the same as the previous time!

Rob I completely agree with the Randy comment. For instance I learned some Yngwie stuff when I was a teenager and to play it again I just have to remind myself of the music and that is it... with Randy's music there is so much more to it (in terms of how you can phrase it) you are learning from it forever!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt